CT Radiology Technologist
This job posting is no longer active.
Byron, GA, United States
Job ID: 102847
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 12021053239243-Radiology - Diagnostics
What You Will Do
Under indirect supervision performs all duties associated with acquisition, processing, submission for interpretation, and archiving of CT images. Responsible for the care of the patient while in the Cat Scan Department.
- Demonstrates competency in positioning of all CT procedures as prescribed by departmental policy and CT protocols.
- Communicates with patients to explain procedures, obtain clinical history, confirm acknowledgment of patients ' understanding and address any questions or concerns.
- Positions patient and formulates appropriate techniques to demonstrate cross-sectional anatomy of interest based on accepted radiographic principles. Judges diagnostic quality of finished medical images prior to submission to radiologist for interpretation.
- Performs venipuncture for administration of radiopaque media and assists in obtaining informed consent as appropriate
- Reviews all diagnostic imaging requests for appropriateness based on clinical information provided. All questionable orders are communicated to the radiologists for final approval.
- Takes verbal orders from providers as needed and enters appropriately in RIS system.
- Prepares and maintains records in accordance with various regulatory agencies and enters patient and study information into the radiology information system, and documents billing codes of procedures performed to ensure accurate patient charges.
- Assists, communicates, and consults with the Radiologists. Works independently outside the department with providers.
- Observes patient during radiologic exam for change in status and makes appropriate intervention or contacts primary care givers for instruction.
- Provides guidance, direction and mentoring for other personnel that maybe assigned to the area in which they are working including student radiographers.
- Identifies and corrects problems as appropriate with all critical occurrences reported to the next level of authority.
- Utilizes supplies and equipment in a cost-efficient manner.
- Maintains all required continuing education and applicable certifications for modality
What You Will Need:
- Must be a High School or GED Diploma Graduate. Graduate of AMA, JRC or Regionally Accredited approved school of Radiologic Technology
- ARRT Registered or Registry eligible through the ARRT.
- ARRT CT registry required in accordance with Work Instruction EMP 8