Systems Engineer - Intermediate
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 102998
Job Family: Information Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Typical schedule will be Monday through Friday 8am - 5pm. Some weekend work may be needed based on projects.
Remote Opportunity: Yes
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028342568-IAS Remote Access Solutions
Develops or modifies complex software programming applications. Assists with design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging and a documentation of programs. Applications generally deal with utility programs, job control language, macros, subroutines and other control modules.
- Produce detailed markup plans showing low voltage cabling requirements for data/telecom needs, nurse call equipment, televisions and video conferencing.
- Manage new technology installations for network/telecom infrastructure, desktop hardware and applications once a facility, practice or office space is ready. For larger medical office buildings, candidate will be managing the installations for several practices at once and will require constant communication with all IT teams and external vendors that are involved regarding and last-minute schedule changes
- Develop IT specific capital budgets for inclusion in the total capital construction project budget.
- Works with system engineers to maintain performance levels of Unix, Windows95 and NT systems.
- Provides support for all data center activity especially ADSM, Tivoli, and LaserArc tools that reside with the data center.
- Coordinates with data center staff to implement, design, and support all data center applications and systems.
- Interfaces with Operations to ensure procedures are followed, updated and implemented.
- Develops all procedures for ADSM data recovery and sets backup policies.
- Implements, supports and tracks LaserArc applications and helps monitor Tivoli.
- Contributes to team effort by sharing of knowledge, offering assistance, and demonstrating initiative.
- Recommends and implements solutions for problems within the team.
- Demonstrates ability to identify and understand business impact of decisions made to fulfill customer expectations.
Work is subject to high-level visibility through exposure to administration. This position will require high degree of proficiency in verbal and written communications. Must be available for callback support on a regular basis. This position requires evenings and weekend hours at times for conversions training, due to schedules. Employee does not have direct patient contact. Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field preferred.