APP- Atrium Health Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute Pineville- Cardiothoracic Surgery- Nocturnist
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 99701
Job Family: Advanced Practice Provider
Specialty: Cardiac &Thoracic Surgery
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: rotating night shifts
Remote Opportunity: No
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 26511044232048-Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery
Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute’s Cardiothoracic Surgery program is seeking a full-time advanced practice provider (APP) to join our growing team. This APP will function independently in the inpatient hospital setting in collaboration with a supervising physician and other members of a multidisciplinary team.
- Coordinate, provide, and assist in providing comprehensive quality patient care to the Cardiothoracic and Vascular surgery sub-specialties in collaboration with a supervising physician.
- Provides assessment, diagnosis, treatment, education, referral, and consultation under direction of the supervising physician.
- Maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the age, developmental stages, and special needs of the patients served.
- Shifts: Nocturnist – 12-hour shifts, proposed 7 days on/7 days off, (can be flexible), position is for night shift, 84 hours per pay period
- Weekends, Holidays required. No Call. Travel to other sites may be required.
- Providing care for Sanger patients to include Cardiac, Thoracic, and Vascular Surgery.
- Manage acute problems that arise including changes in patient status, nursing calls, patient calls, codes and RRTs for Sanger patients we are actively following.
- Obtain detailed history and physicals on all consultations and admissions that occur during shift.
- Order and interpret a variety of laboratory and diagnostic testing when indicated for appropriate assessment and treatment.
- Manages Triage phone line for coordination of patient care, transfers, and communication with other consulting services.
- Participates in education and training of APP students, APP Fellows, and on-boarding of new APP hires (when appropriate)
- Attends and participates in Atrium Health and Sanger required meetings, education, development sessions.
- Candidate must be able to work independently and efficiently with strong decision-making skills. Strong communication skills a must. Will be working with a variety of MDs and APPs for inpatient management and coordination of patient care.
- Graduation for an accredited NP or PA program. Must be approved to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the state of North Carolina. Current prescriptive privileges and DEA license required. BLS and ACLS for Healthcare Provider from AHA required with expiration date greater than 90 days from date of beginning practice.
- Nurse Practitioner: master’s degree or Doctor of Nursing Practice required. License to practice as a Registered Nurse required. Certification in practice from a nationally recognized certifying body required. ACNP, AGACNP certification preferred based on population served.
- Physician Assistant: Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program required; master’s degree preferred. Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred.
- Experience in Cardiology, Cardiothoracic, or Vascular surgery preferred.
- Demonstrate appropriate critical thinking and interpersonal skills when working in a fasted paced, high acuity work environment. Able to perform a thorough history and physical assessment.
- NC Licensure
Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute is one of the Southeast's largest cardiac and vascular programs providing the highest quality care available to patient with cardiovascular disease throughout North and South Carolina. Sanger employs more than 110 physicians in a network of more than 25 locations to provide the highest quality care available to patient with cardiovascular disease. Sanger has more than 50 years of experience in providing comprehensive acute and chronic cardiovascular services, including the region's only heart transplant center and pediatric heart surgery program.
When you join Atrium Health, you will be welcomed into an inclusive culture that celebrates and respects the contributions a diverse team can make together. Practice where your voice is valued, your passion for advancing medicine is rewarded, and you get the resources and support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In our nationally-renowned integrated health system, you can work alongside the most advanced minds in medicine to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing—for all.