Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 102646
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 8a - 5p
Remote Opportunity: No
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11011036632962-Radiation Therapy
Performs department operations in the absence of Leadership. Supervises radiation therapists. Responsible for staff scheduling, quality of exams performed, trains and provides in-service education to staff.
· Responsible for quality assurance and ensures weekly chart checks are completed.
· Maintains employee records and assists with performance appraisals.
· Ensures regulatory and accreditation requirements are upheld.
· Responsible for monitoring productivity and adhering to budgetary constraints.
· Acts as a liaison between therapy staff and physics/physicians.
· Responsible for maintaining departmental therapy policies.
· Monitors daily charges and educates staff on billing and documentation changes.
· Performs daily treatments and simulations as needed.
· Demonstrates thought leadership
· Acts as a patient advocate and addresses concerns regarding treatment experience.
· Serves as clinical liaison between interdepartmental hospital needs.
· Performs daily treatment and simulations as needed.
This position requires extensive periods of standing, walking, bending, stretching and lifting. Must be able to push, pull, and lift weights of up to 35 pounds with assistance. Must be able to speak and understand English. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly and make decisions to changes in the department. Exposure to radiation, pathogens and hazardous materials. Environment is climate controlled. Must show evidence of job-specific competencies.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Completion of AMA approved School of Therapeutic Radiology. ARRT registry required. 5 years experience as a Radiation Therapist required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.