Surgical Associate - Atrium Health Union West PRN
This job posting is no longer active.
Matthews, NC, United States
Job ID: 102806
Job Family: Support Services
Status: Part Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: weekdays
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11171083930170-Operating Room
Assists in providing patient care under the direct supervision and control of the registered nurse.
- Maintains environment of surgical services within the infection control guidelines.
- Follows written guidelines for the procedure of storage of instruments and supplies for sterile and non-sterile use.
- Assists in maintaining supplies and equipment within the operating room according to PAR levels and needs. Maintains standards of stock rotation.
- Assists nursing team and physicians with transfer and positioning of patients in the peri-operative suite according to patient safety standards.
- Assists with transportation of patients to and from the operating room, the post anesthesia care unit and the same day surgery center.
- Maintains all linen in the surgical suite by disposing of soiled linen according to written standards and obtaining clean linen from the laundry daily or as needed.
- Assists in the retention of current team members and the training/orientation of other surgical associates.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 75 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak English in good, understandable terms.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED preferred.BLS required per policy guidelines