Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 100574
Job Family: Advanced Practice Provider
Specialty: Pediatric Surgery
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: M- F with night and weekend call
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 26511039130377-Surgery - Pediatric
If it’s possible, you will find it at Atrium Health—the leading community-focused academic healthcare system serving North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. We invite providers to discover all that we can do when we bring healing hearts, inquisitive minds, and progressive visionaries together.
Atrium announces a new hospital-employed opportunity for an experienced Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join The Pediatric and Adult Congenital Cardiothoracic Surgical Program. This person will primarily assist our pediatric cardiothoracic surgeons in the operating room, the hospital and clinic setting taking care of a broad spectrum of congenital heart disease. They will be first and second assisting the surgeon with routine and complex congenital heart disease, as well as VAD and transplants in our population. Roughly 30% Preoperative Patient Care Management, 60% Intraoperative and 10% Postoperative. This position is through Sanger Heart and Vascular Institute of Atrium Health’s Levine Children’s Hospital.
• Performs initial and periodic medical history, physical examinations, and daily assessments.
• Records findings of examinations, assessments and plan of care.
• Writes appropriate prescriptions and administers medications.
• Orders and interprets laboratory and radiology examinations.
• Determines treatment plan for patient.
• Documents all patient encounters, records observations, interventions, and actions in a medically appropriate manner on the patient's medical record.
• Acts as a patient advocate for the population served.
• Attends, participates, and contributes to group/practice meetings and development of policies and procedures when requested.
• At least 2 years of experience preferred in the PA or NP role in Pediatric Cardiac Surgery
• Completed an accredited physician assistant/surgical assistant or acute care nurse practitioner program
• Both basic and advanced cardiac life support and pediatric advanced life support
• Extensive experience with first assisting in the OR
• Board Certification by appropriate board
• Superb communication skills, and a passion for program development and collaboration.
• Shared 24/7 call with 1 other practitioner. Every other weekend call for emergency cases only (ie ECMO, Txp, or urgent pediatric congenital/adult cases)- no rounding required on the weekend.
When you join Atrium Health, you will be welcomed into an inclusive culture that celebrates and respects the contributions a diverse team can make together. Practice where your voice is valued, your passion for advancing medicine is rewarded, and you get the resources and support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In our nationally-renowned integrated health system, you can work alongside the most advanced minds in medicine to improve medicine, elevate hope and advance healing—for all.