Technical Services Specialist - HVAC- Atrium Health CMC- FT Days
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 102389
Job Family: Facilities Management
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 7a to 4p
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11011005041901-Maintenance
Performs a lead role within the department in the implementation of special projects/programs, staff training, and facility compliance. Oversees multiple projects/service teams and coordinates workload for several projects and significant repairs with minimal direction. Manages assigned project budgets and close out documentation. Work must comply with all state and local codes.
- Assesses job priorities and manages staff workloads to coordinate work for multiple trade teams and service groups to perform significant repairs, calibration and replacements to trade specific systems and often very specialized equipment at multiple locations.
- May perform and/or ensure staff training in areas such as OSHA 10-hour, equipment specific, lock-out tag-out, and annual competency training.
- Assists with the engineering/design of specified trade systems and modification of existing like systems.
- Manages assigned projects and budgets and coordinates ordering parts and supplies through the storeroom and approved vendors.
- Instructs and trains others to interpret blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams, and manuals to implement work and diagnose problems with minimal supervision.
- Coordinates and assists with commissioning of design drawings to identify errors and omissions or equipment standards and accessibility issues.
- Documents project expenses, regulatory documentation, close out documents, timesheets, and work orders using computer systems.
- Fully utilizes the computerized maintenance management work order system. Acts as the local department’s expert user on multiple computerized systems.
- Observes all safety and security regulations, department and hospital policies and procedures.
- Assists outside service personnel, inspectors, and vendors. Coordinates and leads the implementation of small projects, requiring oversight of junior mechanics, vendors and contractors.
- Directs and assists all junior staff and acts in a leadership role of internal teams as required.
- Communicates effectively, both written and verbal, with hospital and department leadership.
Able to lift 75 pounds while taking materials to and from site. Mobile within entire facility (ies) including ability to access rooftops/crawl spaces. Frequently required to climb, lift, crawl, and, squat and kneel. Exposure to electrical shock hazards, severe weather conditions, infectious diseases, and hazardous chemicals. Personal Protective Equipment such as gloves, goggles, gowns, and masks are sometimes required due to possible exposure to hazardous chemicals or blood and body fluids.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Associates Degree or technical school training preferred. Five years combined education and/or experience and technical expertise required; ten years preferred. Experience with state, local and federal regulations preferred (ex: OSHA, health department, Joint Commission). Healthcare and project management experience preferred. Valid driver’s license.