Gastroenterology - Experienced APP - Huntersville/University
Huntersville, NC, United States
Job ID: 97157
Job Family: Advanced Practice Provider
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: M-F, 8a-5p primarily with some call
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 25201033132412-Gastrointestinal Medicine
If it’s possible, you will find it at Atrium Health—the leading community-focused academic healthcare system serving North Carolina and South Carolina. We invite Advanced Practice Providers to discover all that we can do when we bring healing hearts, inquisitive minds and progressive visionaries together in our GI & Hepatology team at Atrium Health in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Atrium Health is seeking a Gastroenterology Advanced Practice Provider (APP) for their Huntersville location.
- 100% Adult medicine
- Full time clinic position M-F 8-4:30pm with one half-day of administrative time built in; 14 patients daily
- Clinic is comprised of three physicians and one APP
- One holiday a year covering Mercy Hospital 7am-5pm
- No after-hours call required
- Perform outpatient consultations and provide medication management for adult patients over the age of 18 with acute and chronic gastrointestinal diseases.
- GI APP will also be responsible for removal and exchanges of gastrostomy tubes in the clinic.
Who you are:
- Experienced APP with at least 2 years of Gastroenterology experience
- Physician Assistant – Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program required, Master’s Degree preferred. Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants required.
- Nurse Practitioner – Master’s Degree or Doctorate of Nursing Practice required. License to practice as a Registered Nurse required. Certification in the area of practice from a nationally recognized certifying body required. Acute Care board certification required based upon population and acuity served.
- APP who can demonstrate appropriate critical thinking and interpersonal skills
- Able to work autonomously in an office setting
- APP who has the ability to prioritize and make proactive decisions.
When you join Atrium Health, you will be welcomed into an inclusive culture that celebrates and respects the contributions a diverse team can make together. Practice where your voice is valued, your passion for advancing medicine is rewarded, and you get the resources and support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In our nationally-renowned integrated health system, you can work alongside the most advanced minds in medicine to improve medicine, elevate hope and advance healing—for all.