Ortho Trauma APP Surgical Assistant - Cabarrus (PRN)
Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 100737
Job Family: Advanced Practice Provider
Specialty: Orthopedic Trauma
Status: Part Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: M-F 7a-5p PRN
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 29121025333091-Orthopedic Services
If it’s possible, you will find it at Atrium Health—the leading community-focused academic healthcare system serving North Carolina and South Carolina. We invite experienced Orthopedic Trauma APPs to discover all that we can do when we bring healing hearts, inquisitive minds, and progressive visionaries together at Atrium Health Carolinas Medical Center Orthopedic Trauma in Concord, NC.
Atrium Health Musculoskeletal Institute Orthopedic is seeking an experienced and driven PRN Orthopedic Trauma Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in beautiful Concord, North Carolina.
The APP will function in the hospital and clinic setting, in collaboration with the trauma team and the attending orthopedic Trauma surgeon. The APP will assist with direct patient care including in-patient (hospital) and out-patient (clinic) orthopedic Trauma management, hospital rounding and emergency room consultations. Experience in Orthopedics Preferred.
- Join a team-based model of 1 physician and 4 APPs at Ortho Trauma
- Day shifts and occasional call coverage
- Coverage of FMLA, PTO, CME
- Evaluate Emergency Department and inpatient Orthopedic consults, including obtaining history, performing physical exams, reviewing and ordering appropriate diagnostic studies and imaging, and conferring with the on-call Orthopedic surgeon to arrange a proper treatment plan and/or follow-up scheduling
- Perform procedures to include: local wound care, suturing, bedside I&Ds, traction pin placement, arthrocentesis, joint/trigger point injections, closed reductions, splint/cast application
- Assist in scheduling and coordination of surgical treatments for trauma patients (i.e. coordination with Trauma team, consultants, OR charge nurse, obtaining consent, posting surgical procedures etc.)
- Assist in OR and facilitate patient through put as needed in emergent and elective surgical cases
- Approved to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in North Carolina.
- Nurse Practitioner – Master’s Degree or Doctorate of Nursing Practice required. License to practice as a Registered Nurse required. Certification in the area of practice from a nationally recognized certifying body required.
- Acute Care board certification required
- Physician Assistant – Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program required; Master’s Degree preferred. Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred.
- Must have or be eligible for a DEA license.
- Eligible for prescriptive authority application through the Board of Nursing or Medical Board in NC required.
- BLS for Healthcare Provider from AHA required with expiration date greater than 90 days from date of beginning practice.
When you join Atrium Health, you will be welcomed into an inclusive culture that celebrates and respects the contributions a diverse team can make together. Practice where your voice is valued, your passion for advancing medicine is rewarded, and you get the resources and support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In our nationally-renowned integrated health system, you can work alongside the most advanced minds in medicine to improve medicine, elevate hope and advance healing—for all.