Atrium Health Cleveland in Shelby is a 241-bed hospital serving greater Cleveland County, NC, and the surrounding region. We were the first Level III trauma center in NC, offering advanced emergency care.
We strive every day to bring advanced care to the community. We also believe in serving the community outside our hospital walls, as evidenced by our commitment to health education, and through our contributions to organizations such as United Way and Relay for Life.
The Nurse Aide I assists in providing patient care under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse. Assists in maintaining a clean, safe patient environment and performs job responsibilities in a safe manner. Maintains clinical and professional competencies as appropriate to the needs of the patient population served.
- Supports patients/residents with activities of daily living.
- Assists patients/residents with personal hygiene.
- Takes vital signs and height and weight measurements.
- Feeds and ambulates patients/residents according to specific procedures.
- Maintains patient/resident’s rooms in a clean and orderly condition.
- Observes and reports changes in patient/resident conditions.
- Orients patients/families to unit and instructs patient on safety measures.
- Assists with clerical work such as, including answering phones, entering data and maintaining medical records.
- Maintains stock supply items in inventory management.
- Performs duties as outlined in the scope of Nurse Aide I (per North Carolina Board of Nursing Nurse Aide I Tasks List).
- Perform technical tasks with appropriate training such as administering a 12- Lead Electrocardiogram test and routine venipuncture.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stretching, stooping, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak and understand English in good understandable terms. Must have manual and finger dexterity. Physical abilities testing required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- High School Diploma or GED required for new hires on or after 7/22/2018.
- Current listing with the DFS Nurse Aide Registry as a Nurse Aide I.
- BLS required per policy guidelines.
Patient Population Served
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the patient population served.
Protected Health Information
- Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job.
- Will share information only on a need-to-know basis for work purposes.
- Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.
Machines, Tools, and Equipment
Those required by unit. Includes blood pressure manometer, stethoscope, thermometer, personal protective equipment, wheelchairs, stretchers, utility cars, and related clinical equipment.