Medical Education Coordinator
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 100926
Job Family: Clerical Support
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: M-F 8-5
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 30851010533173-Family Medicine
Works as a liaison between administrators, faculty, staff and students. Oversees daily operations of the office and the tasks that keep the clerkship running smoothly. Completes tasks such as creating student schedules, clerkship orientation, organizing lectures, providing goals and objectives, lecture handouts, online schedules, collecting evaluation data, processing student performance evaluations and being the first point of contact for student and advocating for them, while meeting the expectations of the medical education program.
- Coordinates medical student orientation, responsibilities include providing a thorough overview of the clerkship, providing required text and reading, defining documentation requirements, providing schedules (rounds, conferences, IT training, resources, clinical training), discussing appropriate policies and procedures and arranging for parking and pager access.
- Manages physician calendars by scheduling meetings, surgeries, lectures, deadlines for abstract papers, chapter poster, video and oral presentation submissions. Keeps daily schedules.
- Coordinates collating data from other resources of evaluations including student lectures, conferences, faculty and resident teaching quality and evaluation of clerkship rotations.
- Organizes and maintains current and graduate medical student files.
- Assists directors with medical student curricular goals and objectives in accordance with the curriculum standards.
- Liaisons between medical student and faculty.
- Assures completion of weekly medical records, monthly call schedule, travel authorization and expense reports.
- Coordinates all travel to include advanced registrations and scheduling of conferences for faculty and mid level providers. Reconciles expense reports, keeping within budget.
Works in a busy office environment. Frequent contact with various academic health professionals. Requires long periods of sitting, operating keyboard and telephone. Occasional lifting of documents and supplies. Walking between departmental offices on campus. Responsible to work in a safe manner.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred. Prior secretary or medical secretarial experience and/or training required.