Market President - Central Chicagoland
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 101565
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 8-5
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028342318-Executive Recruitment
Reporting directly to the Market President - Illinois Region, provides strategic direction for all business lines and operations of the Central Chicagoland
Patient Service Area (PSA). Responsible for profit and loss, operating income targets, collaboration, service integration, and balance within the
assigned PSA. Collaborates on a system level to ensure integration, consistency, and team-based care. Drives performance excellence
related to system-wide organizational goals and objectives including quality, patient satisfaction, caregiver and physician engagement,
financial results, and growth.
- Drives the PSA strategy, provides leadership and direction, and ensures integration with AAH’s overall mission and goals. Ensures effective and efficient delivery of a positive patient experience across the PSA as well as compliance with established objectives to achieve the strategic goals of the organization. Acts as a champion for quaternary and tertiary hospital program planning, utilization, development and growth.
- Drives service integration and collaboration throughout the PSA, including the acute and non-acute facilities within the PSA. Ensures performance excellence in service, and is accountable for the development, implementation, and monitoring of strategies to provide quality services, control costs, optimize revenue opportunities, and engages team members and physicians.
- Fosters service integration and collaboration across the acute and non-acute facilities within the PSA and throughout AAH to achieve collaboration and balance across AAH. Ensures the integration and rationalization of services accelerates AAH’s growth and the success of the organization's long-term strategies and objectives.
- Ensures the PSA adopts, executes and shares best practice standards for system clinical programs to achieve efficient and effective quality service, patient loyalty and team member engagement.
- Responsible for the profitable growth of the locations, including the services lines within the PSA and oversees the development and execution of profitable growth plans.
- Responsible for profit and loss within the patient service area, and meeting growth and operating income targets.
Stays current on market intelligence and relations with key providers of similar services in markets of responsibility.
- Performs human resources responsibilities for staff which include interviewing and selection of new team members, promotions, staff development, performance evaluations, compensation changes, resolution of employee concerns, corrective actions, terminations, and overall team member engagement.
- Develops and recommends operating and capital budgets and controls expenditures within approved budget objectives.
- Responsible for taking an active leadership role in non-profit or community based organizations by providing community service hours or serving in professional organizations. Also, encourages team members to participate in these same community activities.
- Master's Degree (or equivalent knowledge) in Health Care Administration or related field.
- Typically requires 15 years of management experience in health care administration or a related field that includes experiences within a large integrated health care system strategically leading the integration of a variety of health care services across multiple markets.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Demonstrated experience in developing a successful, comprehensive strategic plan to integrate services, provide a system approach to meeting growth goals/business objectives over a multi-year period, and profitably grow a large integrated delivery system.
- Extensive experience driving best practice standards, and ensuring collaboration across business lines and functions. Skills and ability to integrate services within and across the patient service area Thorough understanding of health care delivery functions and financing systems.
- Expertise in motivating, leading, and problem solving at the executive level in a complex organization. Demonstrates skills in coordinating services, and enhancing collaborative relationships across multiple business lines.
- Skills and demonstrated experience in establishing excellent working relationships and strategic partnering with various teams and executives across a large organization to achieve a shared vision, values and objectives.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, matrix management environment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively and collaborate with leadership and external organizations.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Travel outside of workplace is required and thus incumbent is exposed to weather and road conditions. Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job. Exposed to normal office environment. This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.