Lead Sous Chef
Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 99263
Job Family: Support Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Flex Shifts every other week end
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11141004843401-Dietary Services
Participates as a member of the support services team with primary responsibility of maintaining the daily operation and ensuring that all food served is of the highest standard.
- Prepares food items using various cooking methods. Observes and tests food being cooked through various methods.
- Follows portion guide when serving and making food items.
- Ensures proper care, maintenance and sanitation of work areas, equipment and supplies.
- Maintains professional appearance at all times.
- Instructs, trains and ensures subordinates follow standards.
- Works cooperatively with other team members with respect to work schedules, assignments and department responsibilities.
Two years experiences as a cook or sous chef required. Must be able to lift 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 20 pounds. Must be able to use calculator, adding machine, computer, telephone, and printer.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Must show evidence of job-specific competencies. Ability to read and write English and to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. 2 years experiences as a cook or sous chef. Excellent communication skills required.