This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 98969
Job Family: Director/AVP (Dept Head)
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 8-5
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 55561028340501-Administration
The Associate Vice President & Head of IRCAD Administration & Operations, is a highly regarded executive as a member of the senior management team of IRCAD NA and responsible for the administrative oversight for business planning & budgeting, facilities management, operations, strategic planning & implementation, and quality of the IRCAD NA surgical training experience. Works closely with Senior Leadership throughout the health system and IRCAD NA Strategic Industry Partners to ensure that IRCAD NA functions in a manner that is financially successful and delivers on its mission, to become the premier surgical training and research facility in North America. The AVP, IRCAD Administration & Operations will function in a dyad leadership structure, with the acting IRCAD NA, Executive Director responsible to lead and oversee IRCAD NA and provide strategic direction and implementation for the business. In their leadership capacity, the AVP, IRCAD Administration & Operations will be responsible for engagement & management of multiple stakeholders on a daily basis, including working with the acting IRCAD NA Executive Director, Strategic Industry Partners, Scientific Committee, Clinical Leadership and other Advocate Health Enterprise Leaders, ensuring excellence in delivering the “IRCAD NA Experience” to the clinical learners gaining skills and training for application in advancing patient care outcomes.
Atrium Health & IRCAD NA news
- The AVP serves as the administrative and operational leader for IRCAD NA. This role will function in a dyad model with the Executive Director, IRCAD NA to grow and lead the IRCAD NA team.
- The AVP will work with enterprise leadership in determining and ensuring financial metrics/goals are met and sustained.
- Until a finance lead is hired and identified, this individual will provide direct administrative oversight to the facility operational cost centers and financial activities of IRCAD NA, including meeting pre-determined financial metrics (such as ROI, budget variance, etc.).
- Lead administrative operations and provide support for facility management, course structure, industry relationships, contracts, and financial activities, including managing strategic partnerships and ensuring IRCAD NA is delivering on strategic partnership agreements.
- Oversee facility operations, schedule design, equipment and personnel needs to run courses & R&D sessions. Experience in a surgical training, teaching or simulation environment is required.
- Work closely with the Clinical Director to enact the Scientific Committee’s vision for IRCAD-NA course development, R&D support and research development. He or she will also liaise with IRCAD France and the broader system of IRCAD entities to align overall strategy, partnerships, and drive towards IRCAD-NA growth.
- Demonstrates leadership, fostering an environment of collaboration & open communication. Designs and manages execution of work, including delegation, empowering others, removing obstacles, providing resources, coordinating efforts, and monitoring processes. Balances departmental interests with larger organizational needs.
- Develops an annual strategic business and growth plan for IRCAD NA to ensure the strategy and goals support its financial objectives.
- Communicates effectively with the stakeholders referenced above, keeping those parties informed on issues and effectiveness of operations, involving the appropriate persons and parties in key decisions & strategic planning initiatives, and coordinating with leaders and their staff across the system broadly, as well as multiple external partners.
- Master’s degree in relevant field required.
- Ten (10) years healthcare-related experience required, with progressively responsible management experience required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience managing operations in an advanced training environment
- Experience creating and managing a budget or P&L for a defined business or business unit, or substantive demonstration of financial acumen/experience in prior roles
- Experience working closely with multiple stakeholders, including clinicians and industry, including the capacity to manage strategic partnerships with industry and community
- Self-starter who can develop new strategies for growth, business development and research development
- Knowledge of the healthcare learning environment, including the facilities and equipment to support a healthcare training platform
- Ability to successfully operate in, and help to develop, an evolving matrixed leadership and staffing model to support a new business
- This position requires minimal travel, therefore, will be exposed to weather and road conditions.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
- Onsite, clean, comfortable, office and surgical lab environment.