Manager - Spiritual Care
This job posting is no longer active.
Lincolnton, NC, United States
Job ID: 98536
Job Family: Professional Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Weekdays 8-5 with some evenings and weekends as needed
Remote Opportunity: No
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11091005343624-Spiritual Care and Education
Provides care to patients, families and team members, assuming day-to-day comprehensive spiritual care responsibility in assigned healthcare facility. Works under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, Department of Spiritual Care and Education, or designee.
- Performs daily spiritual care visitation.
- Ensures appropriate response and follow-up on all referrals from the clinical nursing areas.
- Ensures on-call coverage.
- Supervises assigned team members, volunteers and students on their work.
- Works to effect appropriate liaison with faith group leaders visiting their members who are patients in the areas they serve.
- Manages the budget for assigned facility.
- Facilitates and teaches Spiritual Care Groups in collaboration with Health Care Team as appropriate.
- If required by the facility, manages Advance Directives process to ensure patients’ rights.
- Maintains pertinent spiritual care records of daily activities and submits to leadership periodically.
- Participates in all regularly scheduled team member meetings of the department and facility served.
- Rounds on those functioning in area of clinical responsibility.
- Provides appropriate in-service education in assigned clinical areas upon approval by leadership, to include guest relations, work morale, etc.
- Manages orientation of all educational program students to ensure safety and quality of care.
- Maintains confidentiality of all spiritual care work and conversation.
- Works in groups and team meetings where appropriate as part of the care team.
Walks and stands throughout the day. Talking and hearing essential to communicate with patients, team members and families throughout the hospital. Is free of any physical liability which would preclude discharge of normal spiritual care duties, including provision of 24-hour On-Call coverage.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree required and Graduation from an accredited Theological Seminary or Divinity School Ordination by recognized ecclesiastical authority/denomination and in good standing with same required. Certification with a National Spiritual Care Cognate Group required. 4 educational units of Clinical Pastoral Education, accredited by the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE) required. 3 years professional experience in a related field of spiritual care required.