Atrium Health Cabarrus:
Located in Concord, NC, Atrium Health Cabarrus is a regional 457-bed, not-for-profit hospital in Concord, NC. More than 4,200 hospital employees provide services through an extensive inpatient and outpatient network, including Jeff Gordon Children's Center, Hayes Family Center and Batte Cancer Center, part of Atrium Health Levine Cancer Institute.
The Chief Medical Officer Atrium Health Cabarrus (CMO) will engage and integrate with the Executive Team and Medical Staff leadership to champion and advance the strategies of Atrium Health including those in Quality Improvement, Patient Safety, Patient Experience, Health Equity, Provider/Teammate Engagement, Efficiency, Care Utilization and Care Integration.
The CMO is accountable for and provides professional leadership and direction to the utilization/cost management and clinical quality management functions. She/he works collaboratively with other functions that interface with medical management such as provider relations, member services, benefits and claims management. Additionally, the CMO assists in short- and long-range strategic planning, accreditation and regulatory functions, total quality management and external community relationships.
The AH Cabarrus CMO is responsible for ensuring quality care to all patients of AH Cabarrus. This requires building relationships with and between the organized medical staff, the hospital and the community. The CMO, in concert with the executive team and clinical leadership, is responsible for monitoring the utilization of clinical resources and support for the professional environment of the providers and the care of the patients who choose Atrium Health.
- Quality and patient safety goals as defined by the Quality and Equity Care Committee CMHA Board of Directors and Strategy A3s.
- Experience and engagement goals including patient, teammate, and providers.
- Provider relations, development, peer review and mentoring.
- Engage in Enterprise initiatives outside the facility as requested.
- Expected leadership outcome is a diverse, inclusive, high-performing and transformational team and organization.
Enterprise Leadership Imperatives:
- Thinks Critically and Strategically
- Engages in rigorous problem-solving definition, data collection, and analysis, then makes good decisions in the face of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Recognizes important patterns in complex environments, distills the essence, and communicates through “powerful simplification.”
- Sees the big picture and has a long-term perspective, while balancing it against short-term realities.
- Envisions and Enacts the Future
- Creates and communicates compelling visions of exciting, achievable futures.
- Mobilizes people and transforms organizations to realize the vision.
- Catalyzes innovation and builds supporting capabilities.
- Is a committed steward of the Atrium Health culture.
- Connects and Collaborates Across Atrium Health
- Recognizes the critical importance of integration and collaboration in achieving high performance.
- Convenes and nurtures cross-system teams and works effectively in the “white spaces.”
- Seeks win-win outcomes and puts the well-being of the patient and the overall organization first.
- Leads effectively across cultures.
- Builds and Leads Inclusive, High-performing Leadership Teams
- Understands the value of diversity in teams and gets the best out of all people.
- Establishes trust and creates a culture of psychological safety to enable candid debate.
- Builds consensus; decides when necessary.
- Delivers outstanding results through others.
- Understands and Shapes the External Environment
- Is deeply knowledgeable about the Atrium Health business model and the consumer, competitive, political and social environments in which the organization operates.
- Understands the importance of actively engaging with and shaping these environments.
- Identifies, assesses and builds relationships with key stakeholders.
- Mobilizes and directs supporting capabilities in public affairs, communications and government relations to achieve desired outcomes.
- Builds Talent for and Across the System
- Demonstrated personal accountability for developing future generations of Atrium Health leaders who reflect the diversity of communities we serve.
- Engages actively with colleagues in assessing and developing executive talent, focusing on competencies and character.
- Invests time in coaching and mentoring high potentials for success.
- Is a role model, embodying the best of Atrium Health’s culture.
- MD or DO required
- MBA or MHA or other advanced management degree is highly preferred
- Board Certification in Specialty
Work Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical practice
- Eligible to be licensed in NC
- Progressive experience as physician leader or physician executive