This job posting is no longer active.
Macon, GA, United States
Job ID: 98860
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 12011068033591-Breast Care Center
Under indirect supervision, performs all duties associated with acquisition, processing, submission for interpretation, and archiving of mammographic radiographic images. Responsible for the care of the patient while in the Breast Care Center.
- Demonstrates competency in positioning of all Breast Imaging procedures as prescribed by departmental policy.
- Communicates with patients to explain procedures, obtain clinical history, confirm acknowledgment of patients ' understanding and address any questions or concerns.
- Positions patient and formulates appropriate techniques to demonstrate breast anatomy based on accepted radiographic principles. Judges’ diagnostic quality of finished medical images prior to submission to radiologist for interpretation.
- Provides radiologist with patient history using appropriate forms
- Reviews all mammogram requests for appropriateness based on clinical information provided. All questionable orders are communicated to the radiologists for final approval.
- Takes verbal orders from providers as needed and enters appropriately in RIS system.
- Prepares and maintains records in accordance with various regulatory agencies and enters patient and study information into the radiology information system, and documents billing codes of procedures performed to ensure accurate patient charges.
- Assists, communicates, and consults with the Radiologists. Works independently outside the department with providers. Assist radiologist with biopsy and/or marking procedures performed at Breast Center.
- Observes patient during radiologic exam for change in status and makes appropriate intervention or contacts primary care givers for instruction.
- Provides guidance, direction and mentoring for other personnel that maybe assigned to the area in which they are working including student radiographers.
- Identifies and corrects problems as appropriate with all critical occurrences reported to the next level of authority.
- Utilizes supplies and equipment in a cost-efficient manner.
- Maintains all required continuing education and applicable certifications for modality
Education, Training, and Experience
- Must be a High School or GED Diploma Graduate. Graduate of AMA, JRC or Regionally Accredited approved school of Radiologic Technology
- No post-graduate experience required.
- ARRT Registered or Registry eligible through the ARRT.
- ARRT Mammography registry required in accordance with Work Instruction EMP 8