Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 97614
Job Family: Medical Records Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Mon - Fri 12p-830p
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028343702-Medical Records
Validates and completes quality reviews of scanned record and monitors and maintains the integrity of the medical record. Responsible for converting paper records to electronic images utilizing the Document Imaging System, making the medical record available for viewing within 24 hours of discharge.
- Validates and performs quality review of scanned records as well as monitors and maintains the integrity of the legal medical record.
- Determines readiness of batch for quality control process.
- Reviews the quality of all images in batch and verifies accuracy of the indices assigned.
- Identifies trends in scanning errors and processes and communicates to management.
- Relocates electronic images that are incorrectly filed in another document or encounter.
- Verifies readiness of batch for validation process.
- Assists with quality review of medical records as appropriate and determined by manager.
Work in a fast paced office environment with minimum noise level. Moderate physical exertion. Usually requires handling moderate weight materials; or includes standing, walking, bending, stooping, climbing; or requires repetitive and sustained exercise of fine motor skills; or requires remaining in a constant position; or requires close visual effort of a straining nature; in excess of 50% of the time.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Knowledge of window based functions required. Experience in document imaging, prepping or scanning preferred. Medical Records analyst experience preferred. RHIT/RHIA or RHIT/RHIA eligible preferred. Proficient in Microsoft windows.