Licensed Practical Nurse- Atrium Health University City Medical & Telemetry FT Nights
This job posting is no longer active.
$ Sign-On Bonus Eligible
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 98207
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 7p-7a
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11031005730351-Nursing - 5A Satellite
This position is Sign-on Bonus eligible. LPN's are eligible for a bonus of $7,500 for Full-Time positions. In addition to the sign-on bonus, new teammates at Atrium Health are eligible for robust benefits packages, paid time off, and opportunities for career advancement.
Join our Team! The Medical and Telemetry Unit (4th floor) at Atrium Health University City is a 24-bed unit, with a 4-5:1 RN to patient ratio based on acuity. Opportunities include individualized learning and development, unit-based committees for patient care and workplace environment, shared governance councils, and clinical advancement programs. We are a high functioning team that practices nursing autonomy by utilizing evidence-based practice policies and procedures to provide the best care to our patients. We strive for a cohesive team environment that is focused on team engagement, patient experience, learning and growing as we continue to make our team successful.
Atrium Health University City provides health care services in the University City, Mint Hill, North Mecklenburg and Southwest Cabarrus regions in North Carolina. The award-winning maternity center provides personalized support and education throughout pregnancy, delivery and recovery, while the Emergency Department has more than 65,000 patient visits every year. Specialties also include cancer care, diabetes care, heart care, neuroscience, rehabilitation and much more. With the on-site Farmer’s Market and Teaching Garden, our teammates and community members have easy access to local, fresh foods, highlighting the nutritional and environmental benefit of locally grown produce.
Performs nursing care and assists with planning and implementing care for the comfort and well being of the patient under the direct supervision of a registered nurse. Assists in maintaining a safe working environment, performs all related job responsibilities in a safe manner and maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the ages, developmental stages, and special needs of the patients served.
- Participates in patient assessments by determining nursing care needs based upon collection and interpretation of relevant data.
- Recognizes and determines need for immediate intervention.
- Demonstrates knowledge which enables the following: documentation of patient observations, treatments, patient response to treatment and nursing care utilizing the nursing process, participates actively in treatment and assisting with procedures.
- Assists with development/revision of the plan of care by providing data and identifying potential goals and intervention for review by the RN.
- Communicates with the appropriate clinical staff on the status of a patient if a significant change has occurred.
- Implements the identified plan under the supervision of the RN, ensuring tasks have been completed.
- Aware of patient's progress and goals as demonstrated by documentation in the medical records.
- Organizes workload and prioritizes responsibilities to ensure quality patient care is delivered in a time efficient manner.
- Attains knowledge and competence that reflects current nursing practice and performs only those nursing skills which they are competent to perform in accordance with legal boundaries and facility policies and procedures.
- Documents assessments, procedures, patient/family education, and the communication of information to appropriate members of the healthcare team in a timely manner.
- Provides and assesses effectiveness of patient and family education under the direction of the registered nurse within the scope of practice as defined by law.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds when handling patients, medical equipment and supplies. Understands and speaks fluent English. Must have intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, and touch, finger dexterity, critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in the patient and unit conditions. Based on the physical requirements for this position all applicants for this position are required to undergo a physical ability test as a condition of employment.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduation from an accredited school of practical nursing required. Current LPN licensure or temporary license as a licensed practical nurse petitioner required. BLS required per policy guidelines.