This position is sign-on bonus eligible! Experienced Full Time Registered Nurses are eligible for up to a $20,000 sign-on bonus with a one-year commitment.
This position is Relocation bonus eligible! Experienced Full Time Registered Nurses are eligible for up to a $7,000 relocation bonus with a one-year commitment.
Those with CVOR SHVI Experience, will receive immediate consideration!
The RN Clinical Nurse provides comprehensive nursing care through skillful assessment, diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation in accordance with facility or department policies, procedures, and/or protocols under the supervision of the nursing leader. The RN Clinical Nurse assists in maintaining a safe work environment and performs all related job responsibilities in a safe manner. The RN Clinical Nurse maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the population of patients served. A registered nurse’s practice is guided by the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements.
- Collects pertinent data and information relative to the healthcare consumer’s health or the situation.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the actual or potential diagnoses, problem, and issues.
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the healthcare consumer or the situation.
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies to attain expected, measurable outcomes.
- Implements the identified plan, coordinates care delivery, and employs strategies to promote health and a safe environment.
- Delegates elements of care to appropriate healthcare workers in accordance with any applicable legal or policy parameters or principles.
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of goals and outcomes.
- Practices ethically.
- Practices in a manner that is congruent with cultural diversity and inclusion principles.
- Communicates effectively in all areas of practice.
- Collaborates with healthcare consumers and other key stakeholders in the conduct of nursing practice.
- Leads within the professional practice setting and the profession.
- Seeks knowledge and competence that reflects current nursing practice and promotes futuristic thinking.
- Integrates evidence and research findings into practice.
- Contributes to quality nursing practice.
- Evaluates one’s own and others’ nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules and regulations.
- Utilizes appropriate resources to plan, provide, and sustain evidence-based nursing services that are safe, effective, and fiscally responsible.
- Practices in an environmentally safe and healthy manner.
- Participate in committees, shared governance, or facility decision making activities, developing and nurturing research to positively affect clinical outcomes and promotion.
- Models the Atrium Health mission, vision, and value.
- Supports and contributes to the Patient Centered Care Philosophy by understanding that every teammate is a Caregiver whose role is to meet the needs of the patient.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak English in good, understandable terms. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, and touch. Finger dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and/or unit conditions. Physical Abilities Testing required.
Additional department specific physical requirements may be identified for unique responsibilities within the department by the nurse leader.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. BSN preferred.
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider status according to American Heart Association.
- Current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner in the state in which you work and reside or; if declaring a National License Compact (NLC) state as your primary state of residency, meet the licensure requirements in your home state; or for Non-National License Compact states, current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner required in the state where the RN works. Additional education, training, certifications, or experience may be required within the department by the nurse leader.
- Complies with the requirements for advancement, maintenance, approved certification, and nursing education as outlined in Professional Nurse Clinical Advancement Program.
- 4+ years experience with an CVOR/SHVI Setting highly preferred.