Director HR Business Partner
Macon, GA, United States
Job ID: 87265
Job Family: Director/AVP (Dept Head)
Status: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 52031082942202-Human Resources Business Partner
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives and serves as a senior-level trusted advisor to management on human resource strategy issues. The successful HRBP will be deeply connected with the business unit goals and business processes and will create a tight linkage with HR measurements/metrics to ensure alignment and return on investment. The HRBP acts as a change agent to anticipate HR-related needs; seeks to develop integrated solutions, formulating partnerships across the business to deliver value-added service to senior business management.
- Consults with senior business leaders, providing guidance when appropriate
- Works with senior business leaders to anticipate opportunities to influence and lead change that will improve individual, team and enterprise talent performance.
- Maintains an effective level of business acumen about the organization’s goals, culture and competition, and particularly in assigned service areas.
- Consults with senior business leaders as a strategic partner in the identification of solutions relating to HR programs and services, workforce productivity and engagement, organizational design and performance, talent management, teammate retention, and diversity and inclusion.
- Provides guidance and input on department structures, workforce planning, succession planning.
- Identifies and manages talent risks to Atrium and the specific business area supported.
- Builds trusting relationships with data-based insights, business acumen, best practices, and industry trends.
- Analyzes data trends and metrics in partnership with HR Centers of Excellence to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of teammates, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Consults with business unit leadership on compensation support including salary planning, promotions and job re-leveling.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to management
- Works closely with management and teammates to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention. Supports employee engagement efforts
- Acts as a proactive change agent, assesses and anticipates HR related needs, communicating needs proactively between the HR department and management to develop integrated solutions
- Identifies training needs for department and individual leadership needs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs.
- Participates in labor-management committees.
- Conduit to HR Centers of Expertise/Excellence for the successful development of progressive workforce programs, analytics and solutions
- Proficient business literacy (e.g., profit/loss statements, balance sheets, etc. and related technology)
- Business, finance and operations leadership acumen
- Awareness of healthcare trends, impact to current state and future state considerations
- Excellent consultative mindset with an ability to build strong relationships grounded in trust
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills
- Self-directed, with excellent time management and detail orientation
- Broad experience and specific knowledge of human resource concepts, including employee relations, workforce management and the development of performance appraisal systems.
- Strong EQ with an ability to effectively manage conflict
- Masters’ degree in business administration, HR, organization development or related fields preferred. Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum 8 years business experience with progressive responsibilities and demonstrated organization strategy activity; minimum 5 years in a leadership position
- Experience working directly with senior business executives in an advisory capacity
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organization development, change management, employee relations, diversity, etc.
- Experience leading major cross-functional projects that included creating project plans and timelines, managing resource plans and monitoring/reporting performance to plan.
- Demonstrated knowledge of change management methodologies to solve big problems within a complex business environment.
- PHR, SPHR preferred