This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 95495
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Variable
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11011019631252-Lifeshare - Organ
The LifeShare Carolinas Organ Services Supervisor oversees the donor referral, management and recovery of all usable organs for transplantation or research. The position leads a team of organ recovery coordinators and will coordinate scheduling, routinely assess performance and clinical proficiency, develop and distribute policy and procedure, and work closely with the LifeShare Quality team to ensure regulatory compliance as it relates to agencies governing organ donation, including Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS), Association of Organ Procurement Organizations (AOPO), The Joint Commission (TJC) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
· Supervises compliance in all matters related to the recovery, distribution and utilization of organs and stays current with pending regulations/legislation implemented by CMS, UNOS, AOPO, TJC and the CDC
· Ensures effective working relationships between the Organ Recovery Team, the medical director, surgical director, transplant programs, regional hospitals and the other divisions of LifeShare.
· Leads Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement projects and policy revision. Works with the LifeShare management team and the Quality Assurance staff in the development of new policies and procedures, materials and equipment used by the organ recovery team.
· Functions as Administrator on Call (AOC) when appropriate for this team.
· Uses clinical judgement and critical thinking skills to evaluate and monitor critically ill patients referred for organ donation suitability.
· Communicates routinely with bedside nursing staff throughout the donor service area to assess a patient’s hemodynamic status, inotropic requirements, and neurological status.
· Maintains constant communication with onsite, clinical LifeShare staff while allocating organs suitable for transplant in accordance with the clinical guidelines set forth by the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS).
· Ensures team coordinates incoming recovery surgeons and transplant teams arriving by air and ground.
Available to travel distances greater than 100 miles and function effectively in unfamiliar hospital environments. Work extended hours (25+), take call for 24hr intervals for consecutive days. Ability to lift 50 pounds. Good visual acuity and accurate manual dexterity. Use of personal car for business is required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to: sit, stand, bend and walk, lift and pull at least 30lbs, be contacted by pager or phone, work outside of normal business hours
Education, Experience and Certifications
Certified by the American Board of Transplant Coordinators (ABTC) as a Procurement Transplant Coordinator (CPTC) required. Must meet all requirements of Organ Recovery Coordinator II. BSN required or five years of experience in the Organ Recovery Coordinator role. Prefer RN ICU experience.