Supervisor - Business Office - Outpatient Rehabilitation Services - Southeast Charlotte Region - FT
This job posting is no longer active.
Matthews, NC, United States
Job ID: 97465
Job Family: Patient Accounting/Registration
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: M-F
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 44511038537653-Rehabilitation Services - Outpatient
Directs and coordinates the Business Office functions of designated locations and supervises office staff of those locations. Responsible for the overall leadership and operations of the clerical functions of designated sites.
- Ensures the smooth operation of the billing and clerical functions of assigned site(s).
- Performs annual performance reviews, competency assessment, and disciplinary counseling. Maintains staff attendance records and counseling documentation.
- Coordinates the staffing, including the recruitment, hiring, cross-training, and assignment of staff to cover daily business operations.
- Facilitates an efficient and effective billing process and resolves billing issues.
- Manages care contracts and serves as a resource for the office staff in resolving billing issues related to specific patient accounts.
- Conducts regular office staff meetings and disseminates information to the office staff in a timely manner.
- Supports office functions as appropriate to ensure timely and thorough completion of all tasks.
Works in a fast paced office environment. This position requires long periods of sitting, bending and reaching occasionally. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs occasionally. Work requires walking and driving lengthy distances between buildings and departments. Requires frequent use of fingers and both hands, speaking with clear diction, hearing and vision at close-up ranges (24 inches).
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Associates Degree in Medical Office Administration or Business preferred. 3 to 5 years of medical office experience and 2 or more years of supervisory experience required. Strong computer, verbal, and written skills required.