Reporting to the Enterprise Advocate Health - HR Delivery Leader and the President of the Midwest Region, the Market Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) will work closely with the executive teams at Advocate Health and regional/market affiliates. In this role, the market CHRO will be accountable for delivering a talent and people plan that contributes to organizational goals/objectives and provides an optimal level of support to the business. The CHRO will ensure comprehensive, contemporary, and effective HR strategies are executed across the market health system and in support of an agile workforce with an expanding “virtual” construct.
The CHRO will lead the market Talent Acquisition, HR Business Partner, Employee Relations and Employee Health & Safety functions to deliver relevant, impactful, and measurable services, and consultation to its constituency. The Market CHRO will elevate Advocate Health as a workplace-of-choice through their commitment to organizational excellence in learning, growth, and research. This individual will define the evolving HR integration between Advocate Aurora, Atrium Health, and future strategic combination partners nationally.
In addition, this role will partner with the HR Delivery Leader and other Market CHROs to design and deliver a consistent, value-driven and scalable enterprise HR delivery model across Advocate Health.
This includes providing key staff support and strategy to the market business leaders and collaborating HR functions across the enterprise. Ensures HR transactions are processed efficiently, effectively, and team members feel well served (high service levels) in the process.
- The CHRO heads a regional HR team which includes leading the HR Business Partner, Talent Acquisition, Health & Safety and Employee Relations functions to provide support to all Midwest operating units including a $12-13 billion region. Oversees a staff of approximately 200 staff members.
- Will lead the integration and alignment of the market Human Resources function with enterprise Human Resources. Advances the Health System’s human capital agenda including effort to be a great place to work, learn and discover.
- Oversees and enhances a robust market talent management strategy relying on data and analytics to fulfill the organizations’ business and clinical strategies.
- Provide strategic direction across all market HR initiatives. Including proactively forecasting to align HR function with future state of system.
- Partners with other market CHROs to lead functional councils designed to leverage best practices and consistency in how HR is delivered across the Advocate Health enterprise.
- Market HR point-of-contact for Advocate Health – Midwest leadership. This includes executive presentations, HR business/system enhancement proposals, and providing detailed reporting/updates.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for HR and business outcomes.
- Partners with Total Rewards to ensure market total rewards strategies are progressive, competitive, equitable and cost-effective for executives, faculty, and staff consistent with the Advocate Health’s compensation philosophy and market conditions.
- Provides oversight, guidance and leadership in directing the budgeting operations of the market Human Resources function to effectively and efficiently manage resources and to meet the overall objectives in a balanced manner.
- Able to lead through a combination of integrity, interpersonal savvy, emotional intelligence, and the capability to gain credibility across the organization.
- Acts as a Process Improvement Champion related to HR methodology. Approaches problems methodically and analyzes information to make well thought-out decisions. Determine process improvement needs and facilitate successful implementation by collaborating with team members.
- Financial Accountability. Use allocated resources to achieve desired financial results, while staying within organizational guidelines. Seek opportunities and encourage employees to contain cost, reduce inefficiencies and eliminate waste that will impact the financial resources of the departments/organizations.
- Fosters and provides leadership in diversity initiatives ensuring the workforce honors inclusion and equity and protects the dignity of all.
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to the organization's Code of Ethical Conduct and for ensuring that personal actions, and the actions of employees supervised, comply with the policies, regulations and laws applicable to the organization's business.
- Responsible for taking an active leadership role in non-profit or community-based organizations by providing community service hours or serving in professional organizations. Also, encourages team members to participate in these same community activities.
- Master's Degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration, or related field.
- Requires 10+ years of leading multiple HR functions. Experience in a large, complex healthcare organization preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required
The successful candidate will have human resources leadership experience and accomplishments within a complex organization, such as a large, healthcare organization or corporation. Regardless of the type of organization, s/he will have a demonstrated track record of working effectively across all levels. Experience translating and articulating Human Resource strategies that deliver organizational success.
- Knowledge leading the following areas: HR systems, compensation, benefits, talent management/talent acquisition, learning & organizational development and teammate relations.
- Extensive experience presenting to, interacting with, and influencing executives on strategic HR direction.
- Demonstrated success in, from an HR perspective, guiding enterprise partners through strategic combinations. Includes driving cultural integrations, talent management/strategy, and establishing HR best practices.
- Progressively responsible track record of demonstrated successes supporting a diverse workforce in planning, organizational effectiveness, problem solving, facilitation, and decision-making skills and competencies.
- Demonstrated expertise with a record of achievement in presenting and evaluating proactive and competitive human resources practices and recommending course of action for development of senior leadership.
- Deep understanding of legal/regulatory factors related to human resources management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as strong presentation and influencing skills.
- Ability to work effectively and productively in a collaborative team capacity with creative approaches to organizational development opportunities.
- Ability to create and implement effective communications strategies to broadly disseminate employee information regarding human resources strategies, objectives, priorities, and accountabilities.