Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 97604
Job Family: Professional Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 81011005140501-Administration
Provides support for Atrium Health Foundation fund development and annual giving programs, with a strong emphasis on developing relationships with and increasing annual and major gifts from individuals, corporations, and foundations in support of Atrium Health facilities, research, patient care, education, and programmatic initiatives.
- Participates in the day-to-day fund development and advance activities of the Foundation as required, including supporting major fundraising projects and special events led by senior Foundation directors and development officers.
- Accepts responsibility for leading selected fund development activities and annual giving programs, as requested.
- Identifies, qualifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards a portfolio of prospects and donors, including sponsors, partners, grateful patients and families, community members, and friends of the Foundation who have demonstrated an interest in supporting Atrium Health.
- Meets and partners with physicians to identify new grateful patient prospects and works closely with teammates to coordinate prospect management activity.
- Plans, organizes, and implements successful fundraisers, special events and volunteer recruitment activities (such as races, golf events, dinners, galas) as consistent with the goals and objectives of Atrium Health Foundation.
- Simultaneously conducts and/or oversees ongoing fund development and advancement activities involving several projects and assignments while keeping all moving forward in line with Foundation objectives.
- Strategizes, prepares, and presents gift proposals leading to significant gift results on an annual basis.
- Participates in developing and maintaining an organized record of general and tailored proposals and presentations to be utilized in sponsorship solicitation and outreach to outside partners, sponsors, and audiences.
- Conducts donor cultivation and stewardship activities, such as luncheons, receptions, dedications, letter writing to donors, etc.
- Actively monitors community activities and news in order to develop new fundraising projects associated with Foundation development activities.
- Serves as an advisor/consultant to volunteer-led fundraising activities conducted by friends of the Foundation and Atrium Health.
Lifting and moving items weighing up to twenty pounds related to events, etc. Ability to drive an automobile. Requires ability to work under pressure of frequent fundraising and special event deadlines.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor’s level college degree required. Three to five years professional fund development and/or related advancement experience is preferred. Experience in health care development, not-for-profit or marketing experience preferred.