Patient Experience Coordinator - Atrium Health Patient and Family Services - FT Days
This job posting is no longer active.
Monroe, NC, United States
Job ID: 96742
Job Family: Professional Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Mon- Fri 8a-5p
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11081005643620-Patient and Family Services
Provides facility focused assistance in hardwiring evidence-based tactics and patient experience initiatives that build and develop a culture of patient-centered care. Utilizes PX applications to translate data into actionable information. Assists leaders in identifying barriers and challenges impeding execution of the optimal patient experience and provides insight and recommendations for improvement.
- Assists departments/facility in hardwiring evidence-based tactics (ex: purposeful rounding, use of communication boards, bedside shift report, nurse leader rounding, new medicine communication) for a culture of patient-centered care. Includes, but not be limited to, periodic audits, shadowing, and focused patient rounding to ensure consistency.
- Promotes and embeds system values and behaviors within all programs, initiatives, and standard practices.
- Aligns with leadership to enforce strategy and maintain facility level scorecards and unit-level goals.
- Assists facility in the planning of a systematic, organization-wide approach to creating an optimal patient experience that differentiates Atrium Health from all others. Provides guidance on the use of evidence-based tactics and disseminates and supports Corporate led initiatives built to enhance the patient experience.
- Analyzes patient satisfaction data to track unit/departmental performance. Identifies and communicates trends and areas for improvement. Partners with leaders to identify areas of opportunity and create action plans integrating priority index, as appropriate. Reports progress to committees and department leaders.
- Acts as the facility superuser for PX applications responsible for user maintenance, onboarding and training, and troubleshooting user issues.
- Facilitates classes and educational offerings on Consumer Experience initiatives for internal teams, committees and team members as assigned. Assists with onboarding new team members related to patient experience.
- Maintains advanced knowledge of Patient Satisfaction and Value Based Purchasing data and facilitates educational offerings as needed.
- Support facility patient and family service initiatives (i.e. Patient and Family Advisor Councils, Community Projects).
- Participates with Human Resources and other collaterals to ensure reward and recognition initiatives are being utilized effectively. Coordinates dissemination of recognition activities within the specified facility/division.
- Oversees service recovery program and complaint management process at facility/department level and reports to facility leaders.
- Participates in assigned system wide patient experience committee and supports corporate initiatives.
Works in an office and/or boardroom setting. Requires frequent contact with all levels of team members. Involves walking, standing, sitting, and driving. Must speak and understand English fluently. Intact sense of sight and hearing required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree required. 2 years of customer service or previous hospital or health care experience required. Exceptional oral and written communication skills. Strong ability to communicate and ability to facilitate groups and prior experience facilitating group education required. Skilled in using personal computer and various software packages, including, but not limited to Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel (Strongly preferred) and Word). Certified Patient Experience Professional (CPXP) preferred.