This job posting is no longer active.
Rome, GA, United States
Job ID: 96844
Job Family: Clerical Support
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Monday - Friday days (8-5)
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 12311112531528-Nursing - Admission Discharge Transition Unit
This is a support position in the Admission Discharge Transition Unit (aka Coordinated Care Department). Collaborates with Care Coordination staff, other medical center staff and outside agencies to facilitate the smooth exchange of information related to patient care and discharge. Assists professional staff to assure timely, safe, and appropriate discharges. Provides specific clinical information to third party payors; responsible for timely provision/flow of clinical information to/from third party payor. The Administrative Assistant performs administrative, clerical and receptionist duties related to hospital or practice administration and management.
- EDUCATION REQUIRED
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institute
- EDUCATION PREFERRED
- Associate’s degree or applicable postsecondary training
- LICENSURES OR CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- LICENSURES OR CERTIFICATIONS PREFERRED
- EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Two years in an administrative role
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
- Previous hospital experience
- SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including computer, and photocopying equipment
- Experience with Windows, Excel, and Outlook preferred
- Attention to details
- Typing skills required.
- Ability to deal with the public in a friendly, gracious and helpful manner.
- Ability to display and maintain good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work projects.
- Ability to deal with high volume of telephone calls and customer requests.
- Ability to effectively deal with constant interruptions.
- Ability to work with other team members to effectively address patient care needs.
- Physical Requirements
- Works primarily in an office setting.
- Major activities require sitting, walking, and the use of personal computer and telephone. Site assessments and investigative work may require access to any part of the System. Will travel to other facilities, which requires driving and walking. Must be able to carry 5 to 20 pounds of materials. Personal protective equipment such as gloves, goggles, gowns and masks are sometimes required due to possible exposure to hazardous chemicals or blood and body fluids.