Supervisor - Patient Transport Operations, Atrium Health CMC
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 94813
Job Family: Support Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Mon - Fri 10:00pm - 6:30am
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11011005031754-Patient Transport
Oversees the day to day operations of patient transport activities and guest services programs for the department .
- Assists leadership in the implementation of established policies and procedures and ensures courteous, safe, and efficient movement of patients and guests throughout the Medical Center.
- Ensures there is adequate coverage in areas of responsibility at all times. Notifies leadership of any deficiencies. Fills in for teammates when necessary. Works weekends on a rotating basis to provide adequate supervision.
- Monitors and documents teammates performance to provide input for performance evaluation.
- Completes new teammate departmental orientation and safety training and customer service training.
- Oversees all patients transport activities in assigned area and handles difficult situations as they arise.
- Assists in coordinating patient transport activities with other disciplines and departments and ensures timely, safe and efficient transportation services.
- Analyzes reports related to departmental and teammate productivity.
- Maintains functionality of a computerized dispatch and patient tracking system.
- Ensures teammate is compliance with Joint Commission and all Regulatory Agencies.
Works in an indoor/outdoor fast-paced, customer-oriented environment. Exposure to all elements of weather conditions. Lengthy periods of standing and walking. Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds for moving and lifting patients. Ability to push/pull all patient transport equipment. Exposure to hazardous materials.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Associate Degree preferred. 2 years in a supervisory capacity at a healthcare facility or hotel required. Previous experience in a guest or public relations area is desirable. Knowledge of Microsoft Applications required.