Assistant Director - Spiritual Care and Education
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 93274
Job Family: Professional Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Mon-Fri with rotating Administrative On-Call duties
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11011005043624-Spiritual Care and Education
Coordinates the clinical assignments for Chaplains in in the department, bears primary responsibility for exercising leadership in maintaining accreditation status and provides direct spiritual care to patients, families and staff.
- Coordinates budgetary development regarding the department.
- Assists in formulating policies and plans for programs of that are sensitive to the service needs of the institution.
- Assists in developing relevant in-service education programs of an interdisciplinary nature.
- Coordinates clinical assignments to ensure coverage.
- Organizes and initiates the recruitment of Clinical Pastoral Education students, consults with prospective students concerning CPE programs, and maintains contact with seminary representatives who are a liaison for CPE activity.
- Participates in orientation of all incoming CPE students concerning the administrative aspects of the program such as interpretation of policies, developing modes of fee payment, and serving as a resource person to answer questions.
- Peforms daily chaplain visits with patients and family members.
Work requires frequent walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, pulling and pushing. Must be able to lift 25 pounds frequently unassisted. Requires ability to hear verbal cues and visual ability.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's degree required. Graduation from an accredited Theological Seminary. Ordination and/or endorsement by recognized denomination; in good standing with same and has, or seeks, certification with National Spiritual Care Cognate Group. Minimum three years professional experience as a Spiritual Care provider.