Atrium Health is one of the nation’s leading and most innovative healthcare organizations providing a full spectrum of healthcare and wellness programs throughout the Southeast region. Join us in providing compassionate world-class care. Our Mission is to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing for all. Our Vision is to be the first and best choice for care.
We are recruiting a Board-Certified Pulmonary Critical Care physician at Atrium Health Cabarrus.
Atrium Health Cabarrus Pulmonology and Critical Care is an established group of 10 Pulmonary and Critical Care physicians and 7 Advanced Practice Providers. The Critical Care service manages patients across 54 ICU beds in several high-acuity specialty intensive care units including the Medical ICU, Neuro ICU, Cardiac ICU and Cardiovascular Surgery ICU. The Pulmonary practice provides comprehensive management including lung cancer screening and advanced diagnostic and therapeutic bronchoscopic procedures.
Details of position and qualified candidate:
Fellowship training in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
Clinical practice position with outpatient clinic, inpatient pulmonary service, and inpatient ICU 24/7 coverage
Preference for applicants with cardiac ICU experience or interest
• Lifestyle balance with a favorable schedule with dedicated time in the clinic, on the inpatient pulmonary service and in the ICU.
• Ability to develop areas of interest (Diagnostic and Therapeutic Bronchoscopy including Endobronchial Ultrasound and Navigational Bronchoscopy, Cardiac Critical Care, Point of Care Ultrasound and more)
• Opportunity to work with an academic system with the recent partnership with Wake Forest Baptist Health and further areas of interest
• Competitive, robust compensation and comprehensive benefits package
Concord is located just 20 miles from the city of Charlotte and is three hours from both the NC beaches and the NC Blue Ridge mountains. Both Concord and Cabarrus County boasts excellent public and private schools. The area offers diverse professional sports including NASCAR, the NFL Carolina Panthers, NBA Charlotte Hornets, Carolina Knights baseball, Charlotte Checkers hockey, and beautiful golf courses, as well as unlimited year-round recreational opportunities.
The physician is a patient-centered, system-oriented teammate who manages the care of all patients within their primary practice/clinical setting. The physician leads an interdisciplinary team to perform assigned clinical duties, while displaying the highest standards of ethical and moral conduct as well as acting in the best interest of Atrium Health, supporting our mission, vision and values.
· Performs medical history, physical examinations, routine assessments and determines treatment plan for patients.
· Documents all patient encounters, records observations, interventions, and actions in a timely and medically appropriate manner on the patient's medical record
· Acts as a patient and family advocate for the population served
· Participates in continuous quality improvement priorities, service delivery processes and service excellence initiatives
· Adheres to access & productivity policies & protocols to ensure that patients’ access to convenient care is optimized
· Adheres to standards and care protocols to deliver appropriate, innovative and cost-effective care management in-person and virtually
· Actively and regularly participates in the assigned meetings/committees
· Models Atrium Health Core Values
· Adheres to Medical Group Minimum Work Standards
· Ability to provide patient centered care that is compassionate, appropriate and effective for the treatment of health problems and the promotion of health
· Ability to demonstrate knowledge about established and evolving biomedical, clinical and cognate (epidemiological and social-behavioral) sciences and the application of this knowledge to patient care
Practice-Based Learning and Improvement
· Ability to investigate and evaluate patient care practices, appraise and assimilate scientific evidence, and improve their patient care practices
Interpersonal and Communication Skills
· Ability to demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills that result in effective information exchange and teaming with patients, families and professional associates
· Ability to demonstrate a commitment to carrying out professional responsibilities, adherence to ethical principles and sensitivity to a diverse patient population
· Demonstrate an awareness of and responsibilities to the larger context and system of health care and the ability to effectively call on system resources to provide care that is of optimal value
Education, Experience and Certification:
Degree of MD or DO from accredited medical school
Board Eligibility in a clinical discipline is required; Board Certification in a clinical discipline is required within three years of start date/contract effective date; Once obtained, Maintenance of Certification is required
PATIENT POPULATION SERVED:
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and possesses the ability to respond to age specific issues and data reflective of the patient’s status. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the following age groups:
PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION:
Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job
Will share information only on a need to know basis for work purposes
Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.