Senior Evaluation Scientist
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 95551
Job Family: Director/AVP (Dept Head)
Status: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028342318-Executive Recruitment
Senior Evaluation Scientist
Advocate Health seeks a Senior Evaluation Scientist for the new Advocate National Center for Health Equity (ANCHE). Advocate Health strives to be a catalyst for meaningful, positive change in all the communities it serves. ANCHE will harness the full resources of Advocate Health, one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the United States, to address the root causes of health disparities by: co-creating transformative interventions and technologies with clinicians; developing and disseminating information, tools, and best practices to improve health equity in communities that Advocate Health serves; and partnering with internal and external stakeholders to advance Advocate Health’s mission to provide equitable health and health care for all.
The Senior Evaluation Scientist will work alongside clinical and administrative leaders, and external community partners to lead evaluation strategies aligned with ANCHE priority focus areas and Community Health programming, including oversight of data collection and analytics infrastructure, dissemination of information and empowerment of end-users, delegation and collaboration with junior and peer teammates to ensure timely, accurate, and comprehensive evaluation deliverables, and serve as ANCHE’s senior subject matter expert and champion of evaluation specialty area(s) across the Advocate Health enterprise.
- Designs, implements, and maintains evaluation strategies aligned with specialty area(s) for health equity initiatives in concert with enterprise and regional system departments, community, government, academic, and foundation partners.
- Serves as ANCHE’s senior subject matter expert over evaluation specialty area(s) and provides oversight for all aligned evaluation deliverables and communications. Responsible for accuracy, quality, timeliness, and completeness of deliverables and communications, including end-user satisfaction.
- Delegates to junior teammates and collaborates with peer teammates in ANCHE and across the Advocate Health system to design, implement, and maintain evaluation strategies aligned with specialty area(s), serving as senior administrative leader.
- Develops and maintains standardized measures of performance, process improvement, and outcomes to assess the impact and value of system initiatives and programs aligned with specialty area(s). Champions standardized measures across ANCHE and system departments to support a collective impact framework and centralized messaging.
- Partners with ANCHE health equity analytics and system Information Technology services to design data collection and access workflows necessary to fulfill evaluation strategies, with a focus on efficiency, sustainability, and building best practices for enterprise scalability.
- Leads development and maintenance of appropriate compliance and institutional review board approvals in alignment with enterprise policy and ANCHE standard operating procedures.
- Operates as embedded collaborator alongside aligned clinical and administrative leaders, participating in regular operational meetings and serving as a central point of contact for evaluation support needs. Proactively seeks to provide data-informed decision support, improve evaluation infrastructure, and empower operational teams with responsive information and evidence to promote health equity mission.
- Partners with Advocate Health’s shared services administrative team, and other system communications teams to disseminate evaluation deliverables, information, and evidence to socialize the value and impact of ANCHE.
- Builds strong partnership networks to support integrated research partnerships between ANCHE Impact Evaluation, aligned clinical and administrative leaders, and academic faculty researchers. Provides strategic guidance and support to identify opportunities for research partnerships, incorporate research projects into evaluation strategies, and collaborate with academic faculty to conduct research projects and disseminate results through academic and non-academic channels.
- Employs an iterative process improvement approach to incorporate learnings and best practices from research partnerships into evaluation strategies with a focus on efficiency, sustainability, and enterprise scalability.
- Serves as expert reviewer and author of evaluation strategies for grant applications aligned with specialty area(s), participates as co-investigator or principal investigator on grant applications as appropriate and in alignment with ANCHE goals and objectives.
- Participates in the development of ANCHE Health Equity goals & objectives and research & evaluation agendas. Provides support for organizational growth and operational improvement.
- Performs other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will a hold a Doctoral degree (Ph.D., Sc.D., Dr.P.H. or similar degree designation) in epidemiology, behavioral science, health services research, economics or related field or master’s degree (M.P.H., M.S., or similar degree designation) with at least 5 years of experience in health services data analytics, program evaluation and/or community-based research. Experience within an academic health system and clinical environment is preferred. We encourage applicants with formal training in an applied/technical field, including public health and/or health informatics. Dual MPH/MHI candidates with applied experience in equity-focused healthcare system initiatives are encouraged to apply.
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities
- At least five (5) years experience in the evaluation of comprehensive and complex health services or community health initiatives with a diverse stakeholder group.
- Strong interpersonal relationship and presentation skills necessary.
- Demonstrated strong skills required in the following: Problem solving in a complex systems environment, strategic communications, strategic planning, written and oral communication, multi-disciplinary collaboration, and ability to work effectively and drive consensus amid diverse stakeholders.
- Must have experience in design, development, implementation, and monitoring of data collection and evaluation plans.
- Highly proficient analytical and writing skills; candidates with publication experience in clinical and/or health equity-related academic journals are encouraged to apply.