Environmental Services Technician - Union (Full Time)
This job posting is no longer active.
Monroe, NC, United States
Job ID: 93746
Job Family: Support Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Weekdays every other Weekend
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11081005641802-Environmental Services
Cleans all areas of Carolinas Medical Center - Union by performing routine cleaning of patient rooms, offices, clinical areas, lounges, lobbies, rest rooms, corridors, elevators and stairways. Disinfects all areas to be within a standard time frame and clean and neat in appearance.
- Tends laundry machines to clean articles such as patient's articles such as patients personal clothing, cleaning cloths and mops
- Utilizes the appropriate chemicals and supplies and replenishes supplies according to procedures. Uses and cleans equipment properly and reports any repairs needed.
- Maintains patient confidentiality. Assists visitors with directions whenever requested. Always introduces self to patients and family. Ensures rooms are cleaned to patients satisfaction.
- Transports rubbish and hazardous waste to appropriate disposal area. Reports safety hazards as appropriate. Observes safety precautions at all times.
- Transports soiled linen to appropriate holding area. Processes patients personal linen and return to patients according to policy. Processes mops and cleaning cloths as needed according to policy.
- Prepares linen exchange carts and deliver to using units daily. Ensures an adequate supply of clean linen to all patient care areas. Orders linen from central laundry as needed.
- Follows all infection control practices including hand washing techniques, standard precaution and isolation precautions.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Vision ability required for this job. While performing the duties of this job, the team member may be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, hazardous material and work near moving parts. Occasionally work outside. Noise level moderate.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. 1 year related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Current NC Drivers License required.