Macon, GA, United States
Job ID: 33598
Job Family: Director/AVP (Dept Head)
Status: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 32051053740501-Administration
Works collaboratively with NH and MCCG senior leadership, NHPG Departments, Medical Directors, Graduate Medical Education Program Directors and members of the Medical and Nursing staffs in providing administrative direction for the integrated multi-disciplinary physician groups. Directs the operations of all practices within the service line. Responsibilities include establishment and maintenance of regional relationships; implementation of marketing/business development strategies; onboarding and leadership development of physician partners; establishment of practice business objectives; budgetary preparation, monitoring, and compliance; regulatory compliance; as well as planning and evaluating programs for patient needs. Maintains effective and efficient use of resources including facilities, staff, equipment, time, capital and inventory through support of quality improvement processes. Establishes standards and oversees performance to insure effective and efficient use of resources including facilities, staff, equipment, capital, and supplies through goal establishment, mentoring, education, and support of direct reports. Accountable for financial planning and control, nursing standards, employee performance review and quality assurance for all assigned areas.
1. Education: Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or healthcare related field required. Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Health Administration strongly preferred.
2. Experience: Five years progressive and broad-based experience in physician practice management required. Previous experience with integration with a hospital/joint venture experience strongly desired. Prior management experience in an academic setting preferred.
3. Certification/License/Registration: American College of Healthcare Executive Diplomat or Fellow or Certified Medical Practice Executive preferred.
4. Position Titles and Number Supervised: Practice Coordinators, Various positions assigned to practices.
5. Special Training/Skills: Approximately 12 months on the job training/orientation required to become functionally independent Must have strong leadership, management and organizational abilities. Must be able to utilize initiative and independent action as required within the general framework of professional responsibilities. Due to the nature of the job, leadership and judgment skills may be necessary in situations not well defined, therefore, individual must be able to discern appropriate action and appropriate interventions within the scope of the Medical Practice Act, Georgia Nurse Practice Act, regulations and rules for Advanced Practice Nursing, Physicians Assistants, and community/national standards. Must exhibit a high degree of confidentiality. Must be able to work irregular schedules dependent upon needs of clients and community. Must exhibit ability to address the public upon issues of healthcare and community concern. Competent with word-processing and spreadsheet software.
6. Physical Demands: Must be able to use visual acuity to see monitor screen, computer and hard copy materials. Must be able to hear and verbally communicate in person and over the phone or radio. Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time (up to 2 hours). Must be able to comprehend and learn operation of various office equipment. Must have functional range of motion of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spines, upper and lower extremities with a grip strength of 50-60# specific to job evaluation. Must be able to forward reach, overhead reach, bend, squat, kneel and apply proper body mechanics during the transfers and transport supplies and/or equipment using proper body mechanics. Must be able to lift up to 10# specific to job evaluation.