Certified/Registered Medical Assistant, Licensed Practical Nurse - Charlotte Pediatrics SouthPark - FT
$ Sign-On Bonus Eligible
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 91912
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Mon - Fri, 8am-5pm
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 27011049833177-Pediatric Clinic
This position is Sign-on Bonus eligible. CMA's are eligible for a bonus of $7,500 for Full-Time positions, and a relocation bonus of $2000. In addition to the sign-on bonus, new teammates at Atrium Health are eligible for robust benefits packages, paid time off, and opportunities for career advancement.
Our team members are part of an environment that fosters health, hope and healing-for all, driven by the System's principles to create a welcoming and professional environment. Supports and functions under the direction of the care team with various office and clinical duties to keep our healthcare practice running efficiently. This includes tasks such as patient intake at office visit, exceptional patient care, documentation, vaccine and medication administration, clerical, environmental, and organizational tasks.
- Exemplify caring and compassionate customer service to create an excellent patient experience
- Provide exemplary interpersonal skills and ability to interact with patients and families in a wide variety of sensitive situations
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills and decisive judgment in an often-hectic environment and possess the ability to work cohesively on a team and independently with minimal supervision
- Follows patient intake/rooming work policies in place at the practice and maintains examination areas
- Assists with performing screening and treatments by gathering information related to health maintenance and documenting patient care
- Updates health maintenance at patient visit, accurately identifies medication changes and updates allergy information at each visit
- Utilizes standard precautions, complies with policies and other Regulatory Agency standards
- Assists with patient inquiries for prescription refills, appointment scheduling, and referral authorization
- Completes CLIA approved waived laboratory tests and practice-specific diagnostic testing in adherence to CLIA standards
- Conduct Point of Care testing (POCT) per standing order/provider order. Performs Quality Control and maintenance for Point of Care in-office lab procedures, as applicable.
- Performs venipuncture. May be required to assist with collection of specimens of body fluids such as urine and blood for laboratory testing. Completes lab requisitions and prepares specimens for pick-up.
- Ensures ordered laboratory and diagnostic tests are tracked and logged, and that the care team is presented with test results
- Monitors inventory and stock medications, narcotics, and emergency medications/equipment
Work consistently requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 lbs in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Possible exposure to communicable diseases. Must speak, read, and write Basic English fluently. Intact senses of sight, hearing, smell, and touch. Manual finger dexterity.