Physical Therapist Assistant l - Bedside - Charlotte Metro Area - FT
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 91309
Job Family: Rehabilitative Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Work 4 inpatient rehabilitation facilities and 3 acute facilities across the Charlotte metro area
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 44011011731662-Therapy Float Pool
Assists in performing patient care responsibilities in an inpatient acute level setting under the plan and supervision of a licensed physical therapist.
- Develops and implements a plan of care to meet patient needs, to include discharge planning and utilization of available resources.
- Applies modalities including ultrasound, electrical stimulation, hotpacks, whirlpool, traction, ice, paraffin, iontophoresis, and therapeutic massage under the direction of a physical therapist.
- Follows treatment plan as established by the physical therapist including educating patients in home exercise programs for all diagnoses.
- Supervises patient exercise programs on Isokinetic equipment, isotonic and aerobic equipment.
- Assesses/documents patient's medical needs and treatment.
- Responsible for cleaning treatment tables, whirlpools, and surrounding work areas, stocking of treatment areas with linen and supplies.
- Provides special exercise education classes.
- Responsibility for providing PT assistant student with educational opportunities, evaluating performance and supervising direct patient care.
- Provides coverage for the reception desk, checks-in and reschedules patients, and orders departmental supplies.
Hearing (corrected) adequate for oral/aural communication. Vision (corrected) adequate for reading. Intelligible speech and adequate language/cognitive skills to perform job duties. Sitting, standing, and walking required throughout the day. Job duties sometimes require climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, bending; on occasion, crouching, crawling and reaching overhead. Lifting of patients, equipment or supplies will be required up to 20 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally. Able to laterally transfer patients 100 pounds rarely. Must be able to demonstrate any appropriate exercise and activities to patients/caregivers. Personal Protective Equipment such as gloves, goggles, gowns, and masks are sometimes required due to possible exposure to hazardous chemicals or blood and body fluids. Work is in a fast-paced clinical environment. The work environment is primarily indoors but occasionally outdoors.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Associates Degree from an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant Program required. Requires current licensure as a PTA in the state of NC. Licensure in the state of SC required in some settings. Requires Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA.