Vice President, Facility Executive, AH Behavioral Health Charlotte
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 92487
Job Family: Executives
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 8-5
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 46511014840501-Administration
Responsible for the administration, strategic direction and operational performance of an Atrium Health psychiatric acute care hospital, Psychiatric Emergency Department, and a full continuum of mental health outpatient services. Assumes leadership responsibility for the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of clinically effective and efficient systems of care and services, driving innovation in behavioral health acute care services. The Vice President provides direction, guidance and leadership in achieving outcomes consistent with the mission, vision and goals of Advocate Health. The Vice President also collaborates with resources both internally and externally, to support local, state and national advocacy efforts for Advocate Health behavioral health and for monitoring and informing leadership of policy changes that may impact the delivery of behavioral health services.
- Works with the Behavioral Health senior leadership team to coordinate an optimal mix of services that will distinguish Advocate Health as a preferred provider in the country.
- Provides administrative direction in identifying areas/opportunities of operational excellence for behavioral healthcare, including development of outcome metrics with dashboards for continuous performance improvement and monitoring.
- Expected to execute responsibilities in a manner consistent with the organization’s mission and values to include effective and efficient management and growth of organizational resources.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and direction, in partnership with direct reports and the medical staff, in achieving outcomes and consistency throughout the Behavioral Health continuum.
- Must ensure success of the strategic operational, financial, physician, employee, patient and community initiatives.
- Develops positive relationships with local industry, local government, potential key health care providers, and the general public.
- Attracts, develops, coaches and retains high-performance team members, empowering them to meet and/or expand their level of responsibility and performance.
- Works with provider-based outpatient services and freestanding outpatient services to provide seamless transitions for patients - partial, OP Therapy, Med Management, SPMI, ACT, etc.
- Works and communicates collaboratively with the senior management team and other members of the administrative team to improve hospital operations and performance and to integrate cross program activities and functions. Participates in the decision-making structure and processes with administration, medical staff and clinical leaders.
- Demonstrates ability in planning, implementing and evaluating projects, services, policies and procedures with the goal of ongoing performance improvement and achievement of top decile performance in nationally benchmarked outcomes measures. Assists with the coordination, construction and design of projects as needed.
- Drives asset utilization and innovations in care delivery in the inpatient and outpatient settings; to include the emergency department.
- Assumes responsibility for top tier performance in patient, provider and teammate engagement.
- Demonstrates competency in strategic planning. Identifies service gaps and plans programs and service initiatives to address these areas presenting proposals to various funding sources. Supports the development of more comprehensive outpatient care and ambulatory services and programs.
- Monitors and supervises programmatic budget compliance and revenue/census management issues ensuring maximum revenue potential and efficient utilization, including managing capital projects.
- Responsible for the development of annual budgets for assigned areas that encompass both current and future operational and capital demands.
- Responsible for assuring compliance with regulatory, accrediting and 3rd party payer regulations and standards.
- Achieves budgeted financial objectives.
- Maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the patients served and in response to changes in the healthcare industry.
- Responsible for taking a leadership role in community relations, marketing and advocacy in issues related to Behavioral Health.
- Active in organizations at the local, state and national level relative to professional development; behavioral health leadership; or public policy and advocacy.
- Master’s degree in health administration, business administration, or related field required
Work Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience in healthcare leadership including elements of strategic planning, finance and healthcare operations
- Evidence of success in achievement of strategic goals and the ability to produce measurable results.
- Behavioral Health experience preferred
- Service Line experience preferred