Occupational Therapist - Outpatient Pediatrics | Medical Group
Macon, GA, United States
Job ID: 89786
Job Family: Rehabilitative Services
Status: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 32131074837656-Rehabiliation Services - Inpatient Pediatric
Schedule/Hours: Monday – Thursday: 8:00AM - 6:30PM, with flexibility to see patients or utilize administrative time on Fridays
Objective: To provide superior services to our customers and to establish community engagement and awareness.
Work Environment/Setting: Outpatient Pediatrics
What you will do:
- Responsible for patient evaluations, care planning, directing, and administering physical therapy modalities of treatment as prescribed by a licensed physician.
- Administer treatments and physical agents as prescribed by a referring physician to restore function and prevent disability following injury, disease, or physical disability.
- Assist patients in reaching their maximum performance and level of functioning, while learning to live within the limits of their capabilities.
- Ensure patient charges are accurate and submitted in a timely manner.
- Coordinate, delegate and supervise responsibilities assigned to support staff (PTA, OT /PT Aide, etc.)
- Participate in operational aspects of the department, contributing to performance improvement and CQI activities.
- Attend all infection control, departmental equipment training, organizational safety, and fire safety programs/trainings.
- Manage a caseload of 40 patients per week: on average, 10 patients per day.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings and Spending Account options)
- 403b Retirement Savings Plan with employer-matching contributions
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance Plans
- Employee discounts/perks
- Employee Fitness and Wellness Center
- We are a nonprofit hospital which qualifies employees to work toward the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
What you will need:
- Minimum education of a High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelors, masters, or doctoral degree in Occupational therapy.
- Georgia OT License required
- New graduates will be considered
- Ability to work on a multi-disciplinarian team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
What you will learn:
- Practical information demonstrated by skilled therapists
- EMR documentation methods within a full-service system
- Time-management methods
- Planning and Forecasting