Cath Lab Procedure Room Manager Atrium Health Carolinas Medical Center Cardiac Cath Lab FT
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 91786
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Monday--Friday
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11011005032059-Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory
Manages and directs the operational and administrative activities of the Cardiovascular Invasive procedure rooms at one of more SHVI managed Cardiovascular Invasive Labs. Direct or indirect responsibility for pre and or post procedure holding areas. Provides leadership, guidance and direction in achieving outcomes consistent with organizational mission, philosophy, goals and objectives. Enhances unit efforts in quality and patient experience, transformative operations, strategic growth and integrated systems of care.
- Organizes and coordinates all assigned functions to provide for a smooth cost efficient operation.
- Develops systems to continuously monitor the quality, safety and appropriateness of care and services provided.
- Participates with the team to assess, plan, and implement changes as required to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Uses a system-based approach, participates in the coordination of all unit functions to provide for a smooth, integrated operation that evolves in response to rapid changes in healthcare technology.
- Delegates effectively and holds team members accountable for quality and clinical outcomes.
- Participates in the development of the annual operating budget and manages results, makes appropriate corrective adjustments in areas under control, explains variances.
- Analyzes requirements for capital equipment and assists in the preparation of justifications and recommendations.
- Ensures team member competency, acts as a mentor and demonstrates ability to work as a team member.
- Ensures that unit operations and nurses are in compliance as appropriate with the Nursing Practice Act, regulatory agency standards, and policies and procedures as defined by the System.
- Recruits and retains qualified team members; interviews, selects, orients, on boards and supervises clinical, technical and administrative team members.
- Assists in development of policies, procedures and standards reflective of current practice/literature.
- Manages patient and family coordination and concerns. Performs Service Recovery as appropriate.
- Maintains departmental equipment maintenance records. Coordinates with Clinical Engineering for equipment preventive maintenance.
- Oversees Risk Management coordination and failed medical device analysis, including product safety recall management.
Intermittent to rapid pace with high pressure situations, requiring periods of prolonged concentration and critical thinking. Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Fluency in reading, writing and speaking English is essential. Intact sense of sight, hearing, touch, manual dexterity, good eye hand coordination. Standing and walking while wearing 10-20 lbs lead radiation protection aprons. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and/or unit conditions. Potential exposure to radiation, secretions and blood. Confined work area. Travel required to facilities. Physical Abilities Testing may be required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Completion of an accredited program of Cardiovascular/Cardiopulmonary technology, Nursing or related field required. Bachelor’s Degree required. Current BLS and ACLS required. If Registered Nurse, license in the State of North Carolina required. Possesses the ability to promote an atmosphere conducive to adult learning. Excellent communication skills and a professional image. Computer skills preferred. Contact Manager for addendum for specific area for certifications and experience.