Student Nurse Scholar - Atrium Health Lincoln
Lincolnton, NC, United States
Job ID: 91961
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Part Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028342302-Human Resources Talent Acquisition and Workforce Administration
The Student Nurse Scholar I is a participant in the Nurse Scholar Program and assists in providing patient care under the direct supervision of the licensed nurse. Assists in maintaining a clean, safe patient environment, and performs job responsibilities in a safe manner according to policy and procedure. Promotes a culture of excellence. Maintains position competencies as appropriate to the needs of the patient population served.
- Performs vital signs and tasks, documents. Reports pertinent data, changes in patient conditions, and abnormal findings to the licensed nurse in a timely manner
- Performs bedside shift report and/or handoff communication
- Assists with quality improvement activities
- Performs patient safety observation duties such as ongoing monitoring and records behaviors of at-risk patients
- Assists patients with activities of daily living including personal hygiene care, oral care, toileting, ambulation, and eating
- Assists patients with mobility using appropriate safety measures. Transfer, position, turn, and lift patients using proper techniques, body mechanics, and equipment.
- Assists patients with dietary needs including setting up a food tray, feeding, and assisting with ordering or replacing a food tray or food item
- Measure, calculate, and record patient's intake and output, including meal percentages
- Assists in admission and transfer process by preparing patient room, gathering patient belongings, and orienting patient and family to new environment
- Maintains patient environment, equipment, and supplies in a clean and orderly condition
- Assists with clerical work including answering phones and call bells, entering data, and maintaining medical records
- Performs inventory checks, per shift and restocks or communicates the need to reorder as indicated
- Within scope, performs technical tasks, advanced skill sets, and other duties as assigned with appropriate training and competency
- Performs duties as outlined in the scope of Nurse Aide I (per North Carolina Board of Nursing Nurse Aide I Tasks List).
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stretching, stooping, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak and understand English in good understandable terms. Must have manual and finger dexterity.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Currently in good standing in a Registered Nurse academic program. Minimum completion of first semester of Registered Nurse academic program required. Current listing with the NC Department of Health and Human Services Nurse Aide I Registry prior to start date required. BLS required per policy guidelines.