Physical Therapist Assistant I- Outpatient - Atrium Health Anson - PRN
Wadesboro, NC, United States
Job ID: 91661
Job Family: Rehabilitative Services
Status: Part Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: variable m-f
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11041004637707-Physical Therapy
Provides patient evaluation and care planning. Delivers patient care appropriate to age specific and other population needs under the plan and leadership of a licensed Physical Therapist.
- Assesses and documents patient's medical, mental and emotional needs at admission and on an on-going basis.
- Develops and implements a plan of care to meet patient and family needs, to include discharge planning and utilization of available resources.
- Acts as patient advocate; treats patients and families with compassion and implements plan of care in a safe and timely manner.
- Demonstrates clinical reasoning, coupled with clinical skills to conduct accurate clinical assessments and perform patient care activities; evaluates effectiveness of therapy interventions, identifies and prioritizes patient/family strengths, needs and priorities.
- Identifies the normal course of illness in assigned patient population recognizing and intervening appropriately when deviations occur.
- Communicates patient information and thoroughly documents therapist's actions and plan of care.
Hearing (corrected) adequate for oral/aural communication. Vision (corrected) adequate for reading. Intelligible speech and adequate language/cognitive skills to perform job duties. Sitting, standing, and walking required throughout the day. Job duties sometimes require climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, bending; on occasion, crouching, crawling and reaching overhead. Lifting of patients, equipment or supplies will be required up to 20 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally. Able to laterally transfer patients 100 pounds rarely. Must be able to demonstrate any appropriate exercise and activities to patients/caregivers. Personal Protective Equipment such as gloves, goggles, gowns, and masks are sometimes required due to possible exposure to hazardous chemicals or blood and body fluids. Work is in a fast-paced clinical environment. The work environment is primarily indoors but occasionally outdoors.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Associates Degree as a Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) required. NC PTA license required. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.