Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 89884
Job Family: Advanced Practice Provider
Status: Part Time
Remote Opportunity: No
Job Type: Temporary
Department Name: 21051017239025-Flex Staff
If it’s possible, you will find it at Atrium Health—the leading community-focused academic healthcare system serving North Carolina and South Carolina. We invite Advanced Practice Providers to discover all that we can do when we bring healing hearts, inquisitive minds and progressive visionaries together in our Transplant Surgery team at Atrium Health-Carolinas Medical Center in Charlote, North Carolina.
This position will provide as-needed coverage for the Transplant surgery service line. Previous work experience in the inpatient care setting with pre- and post-operative care for a surgical population is required. This APP will have opportunities to cover short-term and long-term assignments for FMLA or military leave coverage. The provider in this position will perform consultations, history and physicals, admissions, discharges, surgical assist, as well as coordination of care for patients in any of the following transplant surgery populations: donor procurements, kidney transplant, kidney-pancreas transplant, liver transplant.
• Schedule dependent on the specialty coverage needs but could include nights, weekends, weekdays and call
• Some outpatient clinical coverage possible
• Surgical Assist experience preferred, but not required
• Number of hours are variable based on need, could be temporary full-time coverage request
• Will cover the cost of licensure and DEA required for position
• Access to CME opportunities through the Center for Advanced Practice
• Requests to be coordinated through the Physician and APP Flex Pool
Education, Experience and Certifications
Must have or be eligible for a DEA license. Approved to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the state one works. Eligible for prescriptive authority application through the Board of Nursing or Medical Board in NC required. BLS for Healthcare Provider from AHA required with expiration date greater than 90 days from date of beginning practice. Demonstrates appropriate critical thinking, interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize and make proactive decisions. A minimum of 2-3 years of first assist surgery experience is preferred for this role.
• Nurse Practitioner: Master’s Degree or Doctorate of Nursing Practice required. License to practice as a Registered Nurse required. Acute Care certification in the area of practice from a nationally recognized certifying body required. ACNP, AGACNP, AGNP, PNP, or PNP-AC board certification preferred based population served.
• Physician Assistant: Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program required; Master’s Degree preferred. Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred.
When you join Atrium Health, you will be welcomed into an inclusive culture that celebrates and respects the contributions a diverse team can make together. Practice where your voice is valued, your passion for advancing medicine is rewarded, and you get the resources and support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In our nationally-renowned integrated health system, you can work alongside the most advanced minds in medicine to improve medicine, elevate hope and advance healing—for all.