Dosimetrist - Atrium Health Levine Cancer Radiation Therapy FT
This job posting is no longer active.
$ Sign-On Bonus Eligible
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 89634
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Weekdays during radiation therapy business hours
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11011036632962-Radiation Therapy
This position is Sign-on Bonus eligible. Candidates are eligible for a bonus of $10,000. In addition to the sign-on bonus, new teammates at Atrium Health are eligible for robust benefits packages, paid time off, and opportunities for career advancement.
Provides dosimetry services related to the planning and delivery of therapeutic radiation treatment in accordance with the radiation oncologist's prescription.
- Performs treatment planning dose distributions and calculations for external beams and brachytherapy, including 3-D planning, IMRT, seed implants and stereotactic radiosurgery.
- Oversees medical dosimetry practices and procedures.
- Consults with staff on implementation of the treatment plan.
- Performs calculations and provides technical support as required.
- Creates software files for localization and ensures implementation by staff.
- Participate in clinical research protocols and maintains active Registration and Credential Repository (CTEP) account.
- Enhances professional growth and development by attending continuing education programs, in-services, and maintains medical education requirements as directed by the current license agency, Medical Dosimetrist Certification Board (MDCB).
- Coordinates and assists with treatment simulations and tumor localizations using all diagnostic modalities.
- Adheres to the Hybrid Dosimetry Assignment Guidelines Policy, and facility approved onsite/remote schedule.
Visual and motor skills required. Ability to lift minimum of 40 pounds. Travel to other locations.
Education, Experience and Certifications
HS Diploma or GED required. Board certified by the Medical Dosimetrist Certification Board required. 1-year medical dosimetry experience required.
- 3 years of hands-on experience as a Medical Dosimetrist, with a demonstrated track record of excellence highly preferred
- Proficiency in both Eclipse and Raystation treatment planning systems is highly desirable
- Familiarity with ARIA, MOSAIQ and MIM systems is advantageous and will be considered a valuable asset.
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills to ensure accurate treatment planning and documentation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively collaborate with multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy.