This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 85879
Job Family: Laboratory Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: MONDAY – FRIDAY 3:30PM-12:30AM
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11011008339009-Molecular Diagnostics
The Molecular Technologist will be responsible for performing high-complexity molecular testing, DNA/RNA extraction, reagent and QC preparation, instrument maintenance and results analysis according to established standard operating procedures. Essential Functions
• Perform complex molecular-based procedures with a high degree of quality and in accordance to established protocols.
• Maintain complete documentation for all steps of the processes as outlined in SOPs.
• Analyze and interpret patient test results and evaluating the validity prior to reporting results.
• Quality control monitoring and review.
• Participate in the training of other technologists, at the discretion of the Team Leader.
• Participate in verification and validation studies for process improvements, new equipment, and new technology transfer at the discretion of the Operations and/or Technical Director.
• Troubleshoot assays, instrumentation and reagent qualification issues.
• Take on independent projects and tasks beyond routine work.
• Contribute to ongoing process improvement efforts.
• Update job knowledge, skills, and certification. Attend continuing education sessions
Education, Experience and Certifications
MB(ASCP) preferred. MLS (ASCP) or B.A./B.S. in Biology, Chemistry, or related scientific discipline acceptable. MLS(ASCP) or B.A./B.S. in Biology, Chemistry or related scientific discipline candidates are required to obtain a MB(ASCP) certification in molecular biology within one year of on-boarding.