Supervisor - Core Laboratory, Specimen Management
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 87887
Job Family: Laboratory Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Monday - Friday
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11011008339010-Specimen Management
Support teammates in the execution of the team’s responsibilities. Is responsible for training and coaching teammates, creating, and improving standard work, and responding to abnormal conditions to maintain workflows. Is responsible for problem solving, safety and quality of the team’s performance and for the department.
- Actively looks for ways to improve the performance of the team that will result in improved quality, customer service, productivity, and a reduction in spending on reagents and supplies, etc. A minimum of 70% of each is focused on continuous improvement.
- Ensures the quality of testing in area of responsibility. Investigates testing quality issues and implements countermeasures to prevent reoccurrence. Documents abnormal conditions or quality issues and provides feedback to appropriate personnel concerning quality issues.
- Ensures the development of standard work and the training and development of teammates to standard work.
- Audits processes to ensure that teammates are following established standard works. Coach teammates if standard work is not being followed and informs Group Leader.
- Is responsible for supporting the continuous flow of specimens throughout area of responsibility.
- Ensures point of use storage is maintained, including proper labeling, organization, and communication to Materials Management regarding changes in demand, additions, and deletions.
- Maintains 5S conditions within area of responsibility to ensure safety and quality standards within the group are maintained. Uses visual control audits as appropriate.
- Monitor’s productivity of team and answers escalations promptly for area of responsibility and other Team Leader’s area when appropriate and/or necessary. Provides necessary support for teammates. Performs any necessary troubleshooting of instruments or other equipment items as needed. Communicates effectively and confirms with the teammate that they understand the identified problem before closing out the problem.
- Covers gaps for a call outs, project time, personnel needs, and any unexpected teammate absence.
- Informs Group Leader of any personnel situations that may be considered abnormal or extreme. Is a catalyst in launching team building activities and is receptive to trends or changes in team morale.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE:
B.A./B.S. in Biology, Chemistry, or related scientific discipline required. A minimum of two (2) to five (5) years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.