Director - Donor Relations and Stewardship
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 87735
Job Family: Director/AVP (Dept Head)
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: M-F; 8:30am-5pm
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 81011005140501-Administration
Provides strategic leadership and direction in planning, organizing, and directing Atrium Health Foundation (AHF) development and fundraising efforts to benefit Atrium Health (AH) service lines and facilities through research, patient care, education and programmatic initiatives, with a focus on grateful patient fundraising. Partners with donors, community partners, key influencers, clinicians, as well as teammates to leverage partnerships to seek major gifts to achieve outcomes consistent with AH’s mission and strategic priorities.
- Leads, plans, initiates, and implements day-to-day donor relations and stewardship efforts strategically strengthening and promoting donor engagement support across Atrium Health service lines and facilities across the Greater Charlotte region.
- Develops a network of innovative programs and projects to thank and steward donors within and outside of the system.
- Leads donor stewardship operations from conceptualization to implementation to develop and present an integrated approach to cultivation and stewardship strategies relevant to individual and corporate donors and grateful patient families to increase engagement and education. Develops and maintains a portfolio of general and tailored donor relations materials to be utilized in the donor cultivation process.
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards a portfolio of prospects and donors, including sponsors, partners, grateful patients and families, community members, and friends of the Foundation in support of Atrium Health initiatives.
- Identifies and facilitates connections between system strategic priority work, service line work, regional and other partnership work, and operational level work to advance the system strategy and vision. Formulates and directs the strategy and execution plan for major gifts and grateful patient support in alignment with market leaders.
- Develops a network of support within and outside of the system and organizes competent group facilitation to achieve organizational objectives and accountability to the data analytics, measures and metrics that ensure maximum fundraising effectiveness at the Foundation.
- Builds and sustains relationships/partnerships with community leaders, physicians, AH clinical and administrative leaders, Board members, and volunteer fundraising boards to identify philanthropic needs and grateful patient prospect development and outreach.
- Works closely across cross-functional teams to coordinate prospect management activity, long-term fundraising efforts, and events.
- Supports the Vice President with overall corporate relations operations by developing goals and strategies. Works in partnership with Vice Presidents and Assistant Vice President to maintain fiduciary responsibility for event budgets and overall fundraising goals and provides insight on strategic direction for service line fundraising.
- Progressively monitors all assigned accounts and relationships to assure the quality of the relationship and evaluate potential future opportunities. Simultaneously conducts and/or oversees fund development and advancement activities involving ongoing projects and assignments in line with Foundation goals and objectives.
Work requires walking, standing and sitting. Must be able to present and communicate through a variety of mediums. Must be able to life 20 pounds of weight. Frequent automobile travel. Strong interpersonal skills, great conflict management skills, great analytical reasoning. Must be able to write and speak English in a clear, grammatically correct manner. Requires the ability to work under pressure of frequent fundraising and special event deadlines.
Education, Training, and Experience
Bachelor's level degree required. Master’s or CFRE designation a plus. Five to ten years professional fund development and advancement experience required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Healthcare fundraising experience strongly preferred.