Health Educator - Teen Health Connection
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 85797
Job Family: Education, Training & Development
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: M-F 8-5
Remote Opportunity: No
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11011017933185-Teen Health Administration
Promotes health and reduces disease risk factors for high-risk populations through the design, implementation, and evaluation of health behavior programs. Develops a community wide strategy to improve physical fitness and reduce obesity.
- Utilizes the principles and practices of public health in the provision of health-related services.
- Assesses needs of community by compiling and analyzing health information, and interfacing with health professionals and community leaders.
- Coordinates and facilitates comprehensive community physical fitness programs with an emphasis on policy and environmental initiatives.
- Develops education programs focused on positive changes in health behavior with an emphasis on physical activity.
- Conducts outreach, marketing and advocacy in the implementation physical activity programs.
- Serves as a health education consultant to Health Department staff members and community professionals.
- Demonstrates appropriate critical thinking and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Disseminates information about Health Department services.
- Recognizes and provides for culture and language differences of clients.
Work usually occurs in an office setting, but with significant work in school or community settings. Position requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 50 pounds. Must have intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch and finger dexterity. Must have the ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in community and clinic/office settings.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Must speak and write English fluently and in understandable terms. Bachelor's Degree in Health Education or related field required. Master's degree in Public Health, Health Education or related behavioral science area preferred. 2 years experience in health education or related field of behavioral science required. Valid driver's license required. Must have reliable transportation.