Cook - Atrium Health Cabarrus-FT
This job posting is no longer active.
Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 86473
Job Family: Support Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 8hr shifts 5am to 8pm every other week end
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11141004843401-Dietary Services
Performs a variety of routine tasks and operations to prepare, cook, plate and serve food items as assigned for patient or retail meals.
- Reviews menus, assembles food supplies and equipment for daily food production following instructions and assignments by manager.
- Follows recipe and other production methods to complete preparation of assigned menu items.
- Completes daily production records as required.
- Observes and test food being prepared by tasting, smelling, and using a thermometer to determine that it is prepared according to the recipe.
- Labels, dates and properly stores leftovers.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- 2 years experience as a cook or in food preparation preferred.
- Ability to read recipes and production records.
- Must be able to lift objects up to 50 pounds with frequent lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- May be exposure to extremes in temperature from kitchen to refrigerators or freezers.
- Exposure to minor cuts, bruises and scalds is constant.
- Possible exposure to infectious diseases and body fluids from patients.