LCH Neonatal Advanced Practice Provider - Charlotte, NC
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 71560
Job Family: Advanced Practice Provider
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 24/7/365
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 27321005032811-Neonatology
If it’s possible, you will find it at Atrium Health—the leading community-focused academic healthcare system serving North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. We invite providers to discover all that we can do when we bring healing hearts, inquisitive minds, and progressive visionaries together.
Atrium Health Levine Children’s is seeking a full-time highly skilled and motivated Neonatal Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our growing team.
- Manage caseloads of Level 4 NICU patients including premature, cardiac, and surgical patients
- Attend high risk deliveries and respond to neonatal emergencies
- Utilizes advanced knowledge and skills to provide selected medical procedures for neonates and infants as well as manage complex clinical cases
- Communicates and collaborates with members of the health care team including patient families
- Advances the care of neonates through participation in and application of the research and quality improvement process. Shares knowledge on a formal and informal basis with interdisciplinary team as relates to specialty area
- Ensures the continuous quality of professional services by maintaining updated knowledge and skills
- Schedule includes a mixed rotation of shifts covering weekdays, nights, swing, holidays, and weekends. (Greater than 20% of FTE includes weekend and/or night coverage).
About our Team:
- This position is an opportunity to become part of an outstanding and dynamic team of Neonatal APPs involved in quality improvement, research initiatives, education of NNP students, PA fellows, and Pediatric, OB, and Family Practice Residents
- Eligible for incentive pay for additional shifts, PTO and Performance Incentive Bonuses
- Competitive Salary – Including Relocation and a Full Comprehensive Benefit Plan
- Annual CME allowance of $2500 and 40 hours (prorated based on FTE status) for professional membership dues and continuing education activities.
- Approved to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the state one works.
- Nurse Practitioner – Master’s degree required or doctorate in nursing practice. NNP Certification from the National Certification Corporation (new graduates may apply before certification granted but employment contingent upon certification)
- NC Compact State RN Licensure for NNP candidates.
- Physician Assistant – Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program required; Master’s Degree preferred. Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred. Must have post graduate fellowship in Neonatology or > 2 years Neonatal experience in a NICU.
- Candidates must demonstrate appropriate critical thinking and interpersonal skills for working in a fast paced, high acuity, high census work environment.
- Ability to thoroughly evaluate maternal, fetal and neonatal history and perform thorough physical assessment, developing and articulating a sound plan of care. Able to demonstrate competency in core skills of the Neonatal APP role including endotracheal intubation and airway management, umbilical line insertion, arterial puncture and peripheral arterial line placement, needle thoracentesis and chest tube insertion, lumbar puncture, ventricular access device (not cardiac) aspirations, and exchange transfusion. Able to evaluate, assess, and monitor for neonatal co-morbidities.
- Current prescriptive privileges and DEA license required.
- BLS for healthcare provider from AHA required.
- AAP Neonatal Resuscitation Program provider or instructor status required.
- PALS certification required.
Atrium Health Levine Children’s Hospital (LCH) in beautiful Charlotte, NC, committed to being the region’s leading provider of pediatric health care services, has 11 floors and 234 inpatient beds. Our Level IV neonatal unit is comprised of a 32-bed neonatal progressive (convalescent) care nursery (NPCN) and a 53-bed neonatal intensive care nursery (NICU). Our neonatal unit is a regional referral center offering Total Body Cooling, ECMO, CT Surgery Services and all Subspecialty Services. Our current team of 50+ Neonatal APPs are specifically trained and proficient in the provision of neonatal care under the direct supervision of Neonatologists working for Levine Children’s Neonatology Service Line. The Neonatology APP is responsible for evaluating, stabilizing, and treating patients with both acute and chronic illness. This includes but is not limited to the care of patients requiring ventilatory management, pre and post-operative patients, infants with severe and or complex congenital anomalies and life-threatening illness. In addition, this includes evaluation, stabilization, and initiating cardiopulmonary resuscitation in our labor and delivery unit and in the emergency room.
When you join Atrium Health, you will be welcomed into an inclusive culture that celebrates and respects the contributions a diverse team can make together. Practice where your voice is valued, your passion for advancing medicine is rewarded, and you get the resources and support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In our nationally-renowned integrated health system, you can work alongside the most advanced minds in medicine to improve medicine, elevate hope and advance healing—for all.