Physical Therapist - Outpatient - Atrium Health Lincoln Rehab - FT
Lincolnton, NC, United States
Job ID: 86307
Job Family: Rehabilitative Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: M-F
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11091005337653-Rehabilitation Services - Outpatient
Evaluates, plans, directs, and administers programs of Physical Therapy. Plans and conducts Physical Therapy programs to restore function, prevent disability, and help patients enhance physical and functional abilities.
- Evaluates patients, selects and administers assessment techniques, synthesizes information to establish appropriate patient care plan to include necessary modalities, procedures, exercise programs, therapeutic groups and patient education as warranted by a holistic view of the patient's diagnosis, condition, age, and discharge needs.
- Gathers and interprets appropriate data from the medical record, physician reports, patient, and/or family as evidenced by documentation.
- Establishes functional goals in conjunction with the patient and provides evidenced based intervention to work towards meeting these goals with ongoing assessment to adjust the plan of care as needed .
- Documents evaluations, tests, progress notes, daily treatment notes, attendance records, patient/family education, outcomes, discharge notes, and charges as needed.
- Communicates patient's evaluation and subsequent progress to physician, referral sources, and other clinical staff, coordinates patient's schedule and treatment programs, and discharge planning.
- Provides supervision of PTA’s and Rehab Tech/Aide as required for licensure.
Hearing (corrected) adequate for oral/aural communication. Vision (corrected) adequate for reading. Intelligible speech and adequate language/cognitive skills to perform job duties. Sitting, standing, and walking required throughout the day. Job duties sometimes require climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, bending; on occasion, crouching, crawling and reaching overhead. Lifting of patients, equipment or supplies will be required up to 20 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally. Able to laterally transfer patients 100 pounds rarely. Must be able to demonstrate any appropriate exercise and activities to patients/caregivers. Personal Protective Equipment such as gloves, goggles, gowns, and masks are sometimes required due to possible exposure to hazardous chemicals or blood and body fluids. Work is in a fast-paced clinical environment. The work environment is primarily indoors but occasionally outdoors. Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy program required. NC license for Physical Therapy required. BLS required per policy guidelines.