Dietitian Nutritionist - Atrium Health University City - Days
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 85312
Job Family: Nutrition Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Days 8 am -4:30 pm with weekend rotation
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11031005731709-Clinical Nutrition
Provides nutrition services and participates in department performance improvement activities including customer satisfaction and adheres to the guidelines and time frames of the Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist Clinical Ladder. Ensures patient/client satisfaction, quality care, regulatory agency compliance and good public relations are achieved through safe and efficient use of resources.
- Assesses and monitors nutritional status of patients/clients and adjusts nutritional care as indicated utilizing current scientific literature on methodology and relates this information to medical status, anthropometric data, clinical assessment, and nutrition evaluation of the patient/client.
- Provides medical nutrition therapy (MNT)/counseling including assessment and education, developing, monitoring, and implementing MNT/counseling for patients/clients in assigned areas. Completes consults and referrals as received.
- Communicates with physicians, nurses, and others to coordinate nutrition into a total patient/client therapy program.
- Completes all required documentation including nutritional care plan, assessments, consultations, nutrient intake analyses and patient/client education in all required documentation tools in a timely, professional, and thorough manner.
- Provides and assesses effectiveness of patient/client and family education. Develops, evaluates, and utilizes appropriate education materials. Learning needs are identified using methods appropriate to each learner’s developmental and educational level; evaluates and documents learner response to teaching.
- Provides/develops periodic in-services on selected topics to team members and other disciplines as requested. In-service development for residents and attending physicians is supervised by clinical manager or designee.
- Under the guidance of the manager or designee, participates in basic skills orientation, training, and mentoring of team members and dietetic interns as applicable.
- Teaches and disseminates results and findings of nutrition research to medical team members, nursing, pharmacy, patients, and public.
- Communicates with multidisciplinary departments on patient/client care and issues, including performance feedback on personnel when requested or applicable to ensure standards of excellence are met for customer satisfaction.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- RD/LDN registry eligible or Registered Dietitian (Commission on Dietetic Registration) and Licensed by the NC Board of Dietetics and Nutrition required. If RD/LDN registry eligible, RD/LDN registered required within 4 months of hire.
- Specialty certification (i.e., CDCES, CNSC, AND Certifications) may be required. Department managers determine requirements for specialty certifications relevant to the position and the timeframe required to obtain.
- Must be able to give and receive verbal communications on a continuous basis.
- Must be able to read written communications on a continuous basis both hard copy and on a computer screen.
- Able to compose written communications frequently.
- Able to lift and carry objects weighing 25 pounds or less occasionally.
- Able to perform motor skills as reaching out/up.
- Frequent periods of walking, standing, sitting. Infrequently squatting, twisting, and bending.